• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water reports - Fall 2007

Alright Todd...This has gone on long enough...You best stay off the water until I (and Steve) get there because as I see it it's an unfair advantage for you to catch all these fish with out me(us)!!! Glad to hear that your doing well and keeping the line tight. Hey, have you decided on that weekend? Sure hope it works out. Will talk soon but will see you the weekend of Nov 9th. Until then be safe. Cindy

P>S> Steve will reply when he's done with his "chores"

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fantastic trip up north! Started with a slow pick for a limit of eyes. The weeds are still too thick but the fish were there. Frankie - dad wacked our last one while you were still up at the car right after I tied on the "secret". Nice fishin with you last night, im sure we'll see ya these next few weeks...

Heres a picture from the "Walleye Protection Plan" grin.gif

dsc00581km9.jpg

The three of us were on the river shortly before daybreak with a fresh report from Wang of STEEL! And on my second cast I found this one...

dsc00585lz3.jpg

A few minutes later dad got a nice two foot steelie. The rest of the day was littered with kings, cohos, and more steel. I ended up landing 3 steeleis, dad and Paul each one. Plus numerous other salmon, action wasnt non-stop but solid. Heres some more picts...

Dad tight to a king...

dsc00586xx1.jpg

The result...

dsc00587ks4.jpg

Mid morning I got another dime bright steelie. This one jumped numerous times and probably 3ft outta the water when I hooked it...

dsc00590lo5.jpg

Paul found steel in the afternoon...

dsc00596bf7.jpg

Tank trying to slow one down...

dsc00598kj8.jpg

A nice fresh coho. They arn't as big as the kings but they are spunky...

dsc00601xf5.jpg

Jay nice post that last picture of you with that dime bright steelie is fantastic, foliage and atmosphere pic, Sweeet.

What "secret" lure confused.gif what do I have to buy now? LOL grin.gif

Insurance guy - Will keep the walleyes warm for ya wink.gif Good to see your getting out John...

Cindy congrats on being the first female to post in the NY Forum cool.gif We love fishing and gardening in this forum, you'll fit right in wink.gifgrin.gif

Todd and Steve as you know I have been pretty impressed with the Rapala DT6 series cranks wink.gif well I had to get some 4's and ordered them today, expensive buggers but they catch fish. Got a couple silver, shad, and pearl gray shiners coming my way. The vibration in that crank is sick grin.gif This also means I'll have to have a box in the bag for DT's only, maybe I should have ordered a bigger bag confused.gif

Cindy,by the time you guys get up here I will have all there mouths SORE maybe a few of them might have lock jaw grin.gif.I'll make sure you guys have a few HOG WALLEYES to catch maybe you might get one to put on the wall wink.gifIm not sure about the weekend of the 3rd of Nov it will be last minute Im sure I will let you guys know.

Todd, don't worry about the 3rd if it doesn't happen that will be all right. The important thing is that everything is good with the tests. I hope you guy's get into some tonight, hope the winds and such don't mess things up.

Good luck to Ya'll tonight, tight lines!

Steve

DC AND TANK,nice fish guys those steelies are nice that is the silver we need on some of our plugs for walleyes wink.gif.I noticed there is not alot of room on that river I dont know if this is true but I heard they wern't letting any large amounts of water out of the RES till the end of OCTOBER?Good job guys cool.gif.

Steve,I will make sure that timmy will be easy on them tonight.We got alot of rain here today and they forcast more for next week so when you guys come up I hope the water level is still up there.Tell cindy I said hi and I will catch a few for her.Timmy said your tupper trip is canceled that sucks talk to you later brother grin.gif.

Thunder - The crowds wern't too bad on thur, plenty of yahoos around but room to wander and fish. If your willing to walk a bit you can avoid more. Sometimes the people are entertaining and you just need to "embrace the maddness". Don't get me wrong, no one dislikes people as a whole more than me, but it's just part of the deal up there. Plus 30 lb fish and dime bright chrome change the view...

Timmy, timmy, timmy... I need to keep some secrets. Think of a bait that still cast well and stays up over the weeds better... confused.gif

I got it Jay and I have a few left in the box, too bad they discontinued them... It was a slaughter last night in the boat, I mean they hit everything including the biggest plugs in your box. Incredible is abut all I can say..

Here's the report...

Todd and I did a little night prospecting for some walldogs and were not disappointed. Inclement weather and high winds early did not deter us from hooking up with many many eyes from the boat. What was hot for lures? Anything and everything they engulfed. We lost some plugs too like a couple #10 X-raps, my Smithwick Super Roque was absolutely crushed on the first cast and Challenger Minnows and Junior Minnows performed equally as well. My arms are sore today, it was a very good night, between showers I did snap a couple of pictures and here they are. Steve and Cindy believe me we left plenty of fish for you. Nice talking to you last night... Will hit em again on Sunday with Tuzzy...

1000724aj7.jpg

1000727zo1.jpg

1000723up8.jpg

1000722ye1.jpg

Tim Rogers

MarCum Technologies

NAIFC Qualifier

Talked to Todd a little while ago and the eyes are heavy in the canal right now! Current is fast through there so if you walk the wall you need at least 1/4 to 3/8 oz., rattle traps jigging raps, Sonars, bucktails. It's nice when you can catch em right in the middle of the day, Todd didn't work very hard to pick-up two quick ones about 10 min's worth and that was an hour ago. He's calling me when he's done just a heads up to you guys the canal is hot right now.. smile.gif

Here's a shot of Todd's fish after he finished up on the wall, a piece of drift wood that blew in with the raging current in the canal provided a nice natural background for the pic, way to Todd! Todd caught 9 total...

toddspics144kf1.jpg

Oh my God guy's!!!!!!!!!! I'm definately going to need some therapy now, especially after these last few reports. If Ya'll hear a loud BANG, it's just me putting myself out of misery. smirk.gif Hope you save a few for Cindy and I.

Great reports guy's, tight lines.

Steve

It was no slamfest tonight on the Big "O" Todd, Tuzzy and I had to search to find em but we did get into them with the smallies off the rock pile. Most were taken on BFishN K grubs 1/4 oz. heads. We caught eyes on everthing but white tails but the black and silver 5" did the trick, we managed a few fish as well on DT-6, husky jerk and countdown's but it was mostly a grub night. We caught 13 keeper eyes and about the same in smallies a silver bass and a rock bass. Here's the pics, the sunsets are remarkable..

Heading out on the lake...

1000728em8.jpg

DT-6

1000729jk3.jpg

What a sunset...

1000730bb1.jpg

Todd scores on a husky jerk

1000732wt4.jpg

K-Grub time!

1000734ea0.jpg

How did this get in here?

1000733kp2.jpg

Tuzzy at the helm of his Tracker...

1000735ec2.jpg

Grubbing...

1000736gw4.jpg

1000737vd7.jpg

Tuzzy scores on a countdown...

1000738nx3.jpg

Timmy how you doing this morning is your A$$ draging you should be in good shape by the time you get out of work grin.gif.Im sold on the big grubs they work WELL it takes me a while to get use to some thing new I will be useing them more frequint.They can take a beating and they have some awsome colors.

Todd - Joe dropped off your challengers this morning $4.10 ea, there's 4 total. I have to put a order in for Steve now.

Yep my butt is dragging this morning that's for sure...

Can't wait to get out again that was fun, except for Tuzzy pushing wind every 10 seconds... Tuzzy lay off the homemade sauce. grin.gif

One thing I forgot to tell you guys was when Todd and I fished Friday night while casting a #10 ghost X-Rap my line broke with about 60' or so of line out confused.gif Todd said I'll try to cast and see if I can get your line in. Well about two casts later Todd hooked my line with his husky jerk. So Todd's wrapping the line around his hand dragging the X-Rap back to the boat and "Wham" a walleye whacked it and he was fighting the fish by hand coming into the boat and it got off just as he was going to lift her out of the water. That was something else grin.gif

Scott called this morning and he upgraded his site for those of you whom enjoy some kick butt plastics checkout makiplastics, great in the open water as well as under the ice too. Great job Scott!

Hook up with Franky on the boat @ 5 p.m. just give him the cash. I ordered 96 more grubs and more lead, 3/16, 1/4 and 5/16 oz. Can't get enough a good thing before there discontinued. crazy.gif Good luck tonight Frank and Todd!

Smallies were very cooperative. I can't say the same about the trolling motor however. Something is amiss and it refused to work! I haven't had a chance to dry the backside out since last weeks rains and most likely the condensation has caused a short. Or perhaps the boat was being stubborn about me going walleye fishing vs bass fishing. Jim you should have been there. You could have finally caught something on a rattle trap! Todd, of course spanked my *ss with the jig, however, I did put the first walleye in the boat. That was it for me and the walleye as I was of better use getting the boat in position to drift with the big engine and just letting Todd catch the fish. We came off the water around 9 with only 3 in the live well. They were there but just could not stay on top of them. Wind was very finicky . . .if we went south to drift north . . . the wind would change to the north or vice versa. . . . argh!!! I did almost manage to have Todd land on my lap when he was sitting on the back platform chair and I made a sharp turn . . .LOL. Still fun no matter how you cut it . . . which was minimal last night without Tuzzy.

After a little late night gardening wink.gif I decided to venture to the Big O and do a little night foraging. All my spots had fish, took 3 eyes on the canal on the fircracker K-Grub the biggest one is picture 1, moved to Todd's bright spot whipped out the trusty challenger and on the first cast picture #2 was hauled in, then I said let me see if I can scrounge a few at the bar and I caught 3 there on the trusty T-stick. Not to bad for being early 9 eyes in 3 hours. smile.gif North Shore I returned your call I have one more night of classes and I'll be done. Frank did you get out?

1000739uv5.jpg

1000743iq0.jpg

1000744cr4.jpg

Steve - I have these Challengers coming in for you on Thursday. wink.gif

(2) Color #396 Silver/Chartreuse back

(1) Color #134 Blue/Silver yellow cheek

(1) Color #454 Green Shiner

Also Joe ordered two dozen black back and silver I believe there 034. I'll let you know when they come in...

Geez Tim, I can't see the pictures and it all sounds real good but what the heck are you doing up at 3am ooo.gif You must be one tired walleye fishing guy today! I'm setting sail with the Lund tonight and tomorrow night for some "stoagies". Got the full moon on Friday which should give us a good chance at the night bite this week. Gonna try and get out and get a deer with the bow and arrow this weekend and get some venison for the ice this year.

What am I doing up at 3 a.m.? It's the fall walleye push pal and if you can't get up for that well... wink.gif I miss the rip of a plug and thump of a plastic it's just so darn addictive. If your like most of the hunters round here they last a couple days in the woods and don't get squat and start fishing again. I wish they would stay in the woods. wink.gif Saw only two fishers total last night and had one spot all to myself. Good luck on the stoagies John! Can't wait for the pics...

John, timmy was up that early pulling his CRANK grin.gif he couldn't take it anymore.I started his I V of WALLEYE addiction early this year its a bad disease around these parts but a good one cool.gif,Good job Timmy when you were starting to catch fish I was just getting ready to go to work mad.gif talk to ya soon.nice pics