• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water reports - Fall 2007

Getting ready for walleyes I just got the Labor Day sale for Fish 307 over the web and ordered this morning. Check availability and at $3.91 inc. shipping and tax for NY residents that's not bad. Top pic below green shiner and the bottom silver black wink.gif Let the slashing commence grin.gif

1000241rf6.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got it Todd wink.gif Talked to Tuzzy and told him you were good to go Saturday early he was thinking of a breakfast stop out your way before you launch I told him to get a hold of you tonight. How did you make out last night?

Timmy, keep a good eye on weather forcast might need some rain gear for later.The wind is supposed to blow pretty hard also + chance of T-storms.The crappie bite was slow last night I hope this cold front will turn the feed on right around 5 or 5;15pm this afternoon talk to ya later.

The wind is supposed to flip sometime tonight from a southeast to west but not as bad until after 10 p.m. but will be home by then. Maybe a bit rough for you and Tuzzy to fish it tomorrow 15-20 w/ gusts to 30. We should be o.k. but this cold front that's coming in is a sure sign we ain't gonna smoke em.

I finally got back out on the BIG lake(Great Sacandaga) yesterday afternoon after a couple week layoff due to house projects and we smoked em again. 3 of us had 15 nice eyes in the well in only 3 hours even with bright sun and calm conditions. We started at 2:30 and made it back to the launch by 6. A few throwbacks also. Big spinners of the planer boards were working good yesterday along with the usual bottom bouncers. I've got one area that the walleyes are just packed into heavy right now and they are biting good. Surface temp down to 71! I'm back to home remodeling projects this weekend so no fishing again for a while crazy.gif Good luck Timmy if you guys go tomorrow.

Way to go John on the eyes. Did you guys yank lead core much this year or mostly just boards?

Todd and I caught a few crappies, gills and smallies tonight and lost a few jigs and I have to say Wally get's a big thumbs up Jay! grin.gif Here's the pics...

1000671js2.jpg

1000669fg3.jpg

1000670xy8.jpg

1000672io7.jpg

Here's Thunderman and Tuzzy's report.. Good job guys!

Timmy,not a bad day when it was raining it was raining crappies here is a few pics and a few livewell shots.Tuzzy had a good time especially when they started biteing good kept 12 calicos and 1 hooeey grande.The wind picked up and it was over couldn't feel anything thanks Tim.

toddspics091yj5.jpg

toddspics090zv2.jpg

toddspics092bj1.jpg

toddspics094fh5.jpg

Todd and Tuzz,

Looks like you guys had a blast out there grin.gifgrin.gif. I think I should make a trip out there pretty soon, as I have over two weeks vacation left before the end of the year. Can you spare a boat spot for a west-sider one of these days?

I am going to hit Silver this Friday for the perch, and I have a day slated for Honeoye Bullgills, but I think I have some time to make a trip out there before the Timmy Waldos come into serious play mid October......

shocked.gifshocked.gif

Big Johnny,

There will be a spot for you when you come out wink.gif.The only time I get is the week end.I went last night for the waldos no luck but I did see some person get there limit and a few catch short fish.The water temp is 66 surface temp we need about 55* to activate the glassy eyed preditors.Going out this morning for a while I need to scratch the itch I can never get enough if you know what I mean.

Well my little one and I did a perch run yesterdayand we got some dandies but all the other boats were cathing "Let's just say killing them" big perch. I have one word for you if you plan on going and that's "minnows" lots of them. I bought 2 dozen and not nearly enough, I usually go catch my own but I'm scared to death now because of the new regulations and heard some bad stories about guys getting tickets and fines for catching their own minnows, transporting them to only be used in the same lake but you're not allowed to put them in your car and drive away.

The waldo's are biting in select discreet locations on the Big O as Todd depicts below, no waders required and a 15 min. spurt of glory, hot off the the Oneida press, Way to go Todd now that's how you jig em up! wink.gif:)

From Todd...

Timmy, this is the start to the waldo season good run for about 15 min and they were gone and it was worth the trip..

All fish were released after photos. Great CPR's buddy and why we stand for giving back to our great fishery so that they can give us a nice tug on the next cast... Well done...

toddspics109kx8.jpg

toddspics110zn2.jpg

toddspics111wx5.jpg

toddspics112uh7.jpg

Took the day off and went after the perch. No camera but the action was hot and fast. Couldn't get to the spot in the morning, 2 1/2 foot rollers and dad has bad back so I had to take an easy with him, then around 1pm it settled down and we made the run to the perch. We got there and had to move about 4 times but ended up finding a good school and limited out around 2 hours later and headed home. I cleaned all that I wanted and now it's time to take some to my boss and land owners I have permission to hunt.

Thanks Tim, They would only hit a small swedish pimple with minnow slowly retrieved. I tried jig/minnow, plain jigs, worms and crabs. I'm not going to bow hunt the northern tier this year and I'm going to perch, walleye and crappie fish this early fall. I've heard great stories for crappies in the fall but don't even know where to start.

Dark Cloud - Hey buddy like Todd says. "Somebody has to break-in the green horn." grin.gif I know you guys will have a great time. Call me when you get back...

Todd and I got out on the Big O this morning for a little early eye and some crappie fishing and we caught some fish.

USMC Steve Greving was out there and we pulled along side of him and shot the bull and made plans for the evening trip. Steve's girlfriend Cindy is a bit camera shy and hopefully I'll be able to take a picture of her holding a nice evening Oneida walleye. The tiny worm in chartreuse glitter did not dissapoint., and the first walleye pic was on Black and Silver 5" K-Grub from BFishN Tackle wink.gif All fish were released to fight another day... Enjoy!

We lost a few jigs today in the wood but hey that's where they live and you gotta go after em.

Big Johnny Ice - How did you make out Friday?

1000679uy1.jpg

1000680on3.jpg

1000681dh0.jpg

1000682ri2.jpg

1000684tn2.jpg

1000683ry6.jpg

Round 2 (Saturday Evening)... Todd, Steve, Cindy and I wen't out for the night bite walleyes on Oneida and we all caught our limit of eyes, you had to work a bit for em as there was a pretty good chop on the lake and boat control was tough. Twisters, shad raps and Frenzy's scored. Here's the pics, enjoy...

Here's a couple of big smallies we caught before theyes moved in the one I'm holding here was a nice 19"

1000685hr1.jpg

Here's Todd with a dandy...

1000686jc3.jpg

Here come the eyes... All nice eaters 20" and under...

1000688ab0.jpg

1000690gu1.jpg

1000687af9.jpg

1000692nj9.jpg

And her'es Cindy and Steve pulling up to visit at the end of the night. Had a great time fishing with you guys and were already looking forward to your next trip up, good job!

1000693ze6.jpg

Timmy, not a bad on the big O nice mix of fish for the day cool.gif.It felt good to to feel that bump on the end of the rod with those waldos.Nice pics from the camera man wink.gif.

Steve and Cindy,

It was a pleasure meeting you guys and hope to fish with you again. Im glad to see you made it back to the dock OK with the way that WIND was blowing wink.gif.Hope to see you guys again soon the next time you come up it should be even better.