• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

seats for fishtrap guide.

Dakota Iceman

Im considering getting the aftermarket seats from usl products for my portable. My question is does anyone know how easily the seats are installed and removed?? I travel with my four wheeler in a trailer and my shack slides under my tanneau cover in the back of my pick-up and i would like to keep that option because it travels so much nicer. Wondering if its going to be a pain in the butt to remove seats everytime i load and unload. any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

I just bought a Fish Trap Pro which comes with the new seat. If this is the same seat, then there shouldn't be a problem. It's not bolted in at all. The seat sits on a sliding track & can be removed by pulling it forward and lifting it off the track. You can store it in the sled & it should fit under your cover. Vern

I just bought the same house as you Dakota Iceman. The seats that my house came with were really nice and like Vern said are very easy to slide in or slide out. I bought my house like you to be more portable and to use with my ATV. I would imagine the after market seats also would slide in just as easy as the ones they came with and are not bulky so it can fit under your truck cover.

Thanks for the info guys. My guide is a couple of years old and has the flat sliding bench seats wich are ok..but the seats look so much more comfy and i believe i will go that route. Looks like we are finally making ice on the lakes in south dakota...hopefully the cold weather hangs around this time and produces some quality hard water to get around on this year before christmas!

If you are refering to the "Trap Back" seats, they are installed on the old-style bench seats by screwing the included metal bracket onto the front edge of the bench with three screws. The seat has a couple hooks that hook on to the bracket allowing the seat to be removed or replaced in seconds. I bought one last year, it took only a few minutes to install weighs almost nothing and works great.