• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice near the TC

I'm in no way condoneing this.. just passing on information... I am not responsible for anybody doing something un-smart as I like to say.. But I just did an ice check of the lakes in the Chisago Lakes area... 10 feet out from the boat access on South Center was 1.5" same on the channel in Chisago...

HOWEVER, there was a portable set up in the small bay by the boat access on North Center, and there was a guy sitting on a pail in the small bay off of HWY 8 on South Center... I didn't check them areas, but neither of them were dead... YET..

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

We have to move all ice updates to the Ice Update Topic. Please ask the questions and add reports in there.

I don't want to see anyone risking life nor limb to get on the ice too soon. Everyone needs to read the warning there. They can't read it in posts like this.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sorry about that.

If we don't get 40 degree weather like were supposed to (ugh) Another week like today could make some of the metro ponds walkable; as it is right now: most of them just froze over; altough some have up to 2" along the fringes on the shoreline (the center just freeezing)