• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Condaminium Portable Fish House On Wheels

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hi everyone. I just got off the phone with Gary Conda. He made a very innovative portable shelter on a trailer.

He received rave reviews from those who saw it on Upper Red Lake last year. I've seen pictures and am impressed with it myself.

You can definitely get a few out or your family out fishing in comfort with this portable. It's that roomy.

Gary wants to find out if there is enoughy demand for the innovation he has invented. I've agreed to give him this post and ask you all to please visit his site and

Please, share your thoughts and provide feedback on the Condaminium.

You can see it by clicking here

Be sure to comeback and fill us in on your opinion.

There is a Navigation bar on the upper right hand side...be sure to put your cursor on it to see the whole site. Feel free to give gary a call and share your thoughts with him as well. His phone number is on the site.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-25-2002).]

although I can not see a whole lot from one picture, it looks like a very neat idea.
Can't wait for them to get down with the webpage remodel so I can get some more info.
I am impressed with what I have seen so far.

K, so now I had time to dig in to the navagation bar. I am very impressed, but the price is a little steep for me.

[This message has been edited by Mankato-Ice-Man (edited 11-26-2002).]

That is a great idea. Another good idea would be to make a smaller version. Just enough of trailer to fit a snowmobile or four wheeler on. In this fashion it would be like an otter house except on wheels instead of a sled. Some people want big ones, others may want a smaller version. Looks like a great product

Looks great! The flip over design has definitly taken over. I saw an old Dave Genz original at Frankies a few years back-- ply wood floor with the flipover poles and canvas. We've come a long way baby.

One question I would have:
Does the canvas/pole assembly ride IN the trailer for long hauling without whipping around? I assume the trailer bed would be used for storage/bunks/getting off the ice awhile, kickin back. Nice to have that and keep the fishin area meant for just that.

Pricey, but you're gettin a full duty haulin trailer that can probably pull double duty year round. The huge advantage over hardside crank downs I see is mobility. No lining up holes to drill. No doubt, DIY'ers are already settin up their snowmobile trailers along these lines. Great innovation. Congrats., and good luck

I'm sure it will have its place, but I can't see much demand for this. Maybe from guys with wheelers that can hitch up to this trailer and go, during early ice? Otherwise you lose the lightness and portability of a portable, but still don't have the comfort and convenience of a permanent, kinda stuck in the middle. Seldom do you need or even want that much space in a portable, to hard to keep warm. my .02

I have seen these at the ice fishing show each year. They took a standard rim and welded skis to the bottom with some extra support, now you can just bolt on your skis when you get to the lake and away you go.

Neat idea, but the problem I see is the same problem I see with other portables that don't have floors, once you turn the heaters on and the snow melts, you've got a wet skating rink under your feet. I don't know about you, but I have fell on my butt several times in my brothers portable. I prefer floors.

They sure do look like they would be comfortable, but I could never spend that much on a portable fish house. You could buy one that has doors that open in the back so you could drive your four wheeler in there and when you get to where you want to fish, just crank it down.

I appreciate all the nice comments. Even the couple of negative ones are important to note. We will be at the St. Paul Ice Show on Dec.6,7,8. It would be a chance to see first hand the quality of the material and work. We did not cut any corners in making this product. The trailer is well made, the tent frame is all 16 and 18 ga galvanized tube steel, We used stainless steel hinges, treated plywood, aluminum frame around sides, removable rubber floor, sand snakes(tubes of sand instead of shoveling snow), front jack and 2 rear stabilizers, and more.
Some day we may make a smaller version, but our original thinking was a model that several people can hook behind 1 vehicle and go fishing for a day. You can sleep in it also. We leased it out to deer hunters that used it for a base camp. They had no trouble staying warm during the night. Heres some ideas that other people had after seeing it at The St. Louis County Fair this summer.
Ice fishing, deer,elk,bear hunting, winter camping, giant spear house, ice rescue tent, decontamination tent, even the carnies wanted one to live in!, dogsled tent if we made it slightly narrower, 2 people wanted to pull it to Sturgess with their bikes, concession stand, graduation party house etc.
I guess our best selling point is the versatilty.
Thanks
Gary

i too have seen this portable mansion. all i can say is cool. if the fishing is bad over here then just walk over to the other side of the fish house smile.gif and you guys got it all wrong about the trailer for the four wheelers. it's not for that at all, it's a stage for the live band, and the strippers after the band is through! of course you can put your four wheelers on it if you want to, but i'll bet my idea gets more takers.
hope all is well mr. conda. see you this winter

------------------
keep your stick on the ice!---jigglestick---