• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Ice Fishing Line?

For panfish I use Trilene cold weather line in 4lb. That line to me isn't that stiff.

I am sure you can also use fireline micro-ice line I dont think that stuff gets stiff but i could be wrong on that one.

I have use Trilene for a while and I am satisfied w/how it works. Just my .02 cents.

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

[This message has been edited by fishstunner (edited 11-24-2002).]

Berkely Cold Weather or Berkely Micro Ice work great. I use Micro Ice in 2# test for crappies and gills. I'll use 4# for perch because walleyes are typically present in the same area. Both Cold Weather and Micro Ice are very limp but strong. Sensitvity is good too. At $3 to $4 a piece you can't beat it.

Good Fishin, Matt.

I use Gold Stren in 2# with a seagaur 2# leader. I tried the seagaur 1# test but the hog crappie would break you off if you didn't retie every time. I like the gold stren because you can see it so well. You can tell if it straitens out a little bit, you tell if it slackens up a little bit. You can also see it down the hole quite a ways. It's very stong too.
For perch I like 4# fire line wih a 4# seagaur leader. I've never liked the Berkley cold weather line because it seemed to brittle and I never liked the brite blue color. I've never used the micro ice, but a lot guy''s seem to like it. If you fish by watching your line, give the gold Stren a try.

any web sites that sells p-line I looked a few days ago and could not find nothing,cabelas dont carry the floroice and have not seen that line at any stores around s.minnesota

Personally, I have had trouble with the so-called ice fishing line. I stick to my stead-fast Triline xl in 2 and 4 pound for panfish and other and 6 pound for jigging walleye etc. Heavier stuff for tip-up leaders.

Keep the rods bendin'!!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 11-25-2002).]

I'm with Jim W on this too, Trilene XL works good for me. After many years of reliable service still have'nt found anything that works as well for me anyways, tried a few different "ice" lines with less than satisfactory results. I love braids for certain open water applications but I can't stand them in the winter at all, got to have some strech.

Fisky

I've been using fireline for a few years now and like it! One of the better things I like about it is that I seem to get more hookups due to zero line stretch, and that means more fish up through the hole.

Good Fishing,
Mike

------------------
Hooked on Fishing Bait & Tackle
The Place For Info
5510 HWY. 63 North
Rochester, MN 55901
Phone: (507) 282-4982
HookedOnFishingTackle.com

I have been using berkley micro ice 3# for a couple years now and it works great. It's flexible enough for little marmooska jigs but still pretty strong. I got a 9# northern with it last year so I'm sticking with it.