• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recruit Tyler Update

Guys I talked to Tyler this morning from Parris Island, everything is o.k. but they pushed his graduation back a week to 9 Nov with Fox Company, 2nd RTBN (Recruit Training Battallion.) Reason being is junior had an ingrown toe nail they had to cut out, go figure... He sounded fine and in good spirits. Wanted to post the trraining battalion HSOforum so you guys can get a flavor of what my son's going through... Check out the training matrix, it's a trip..

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got our first letter from Tyler in the mail. Things are going great with him and he received our care package, his DI agreed to let him have it but will hold it for now, he's a prck compared to the first one he had. Anyhow he's looking forward to us coming down for graduation and he said not to worry, it's not as bad as he feared. So that's cool..

Talked to Todd last night Steve after you called, said you were coming up... A week from Friday I have the end of year umpire bash at Valentino's 1830 to ?, should be good to go for Saturday evening. I'll call you after we get off the water Friday night;)

Got a letter from my son today and he's doing fine. His platoon is doing great and because of that there hoisting the series guideon. smile.gif Shudder the thought he ran into another Browns fan there and they were discussing the Bengal game. Wait till he get's the letter of the Oakland game. blush.gif Any how he's donning his deserts with U.S. Marine on his left chest and his name tape on the right. He says hello to all and he hope the walleyes are snapping. Nov. 9th can't get here soon enough.

Finally received a letter from my son, with the parking passes and list of events for graduation. Right now he's smack dab in the middle of the crucible and doing well, scored 100 on his PFT. Next week leave Wed morning and will be back Sat. am... Save some eyes for us guys wink.gif

Quote:

Finally received a letter from my son, with the parking passes and list of events for graduation. Right now he's smack dab in the middle of the crucible and doing well, scored 100 on his PFT. Next week leave Wed morning and will be back Sat. am... Save some eyes for us guys
wink.gif

Hey that's great Tim. Congrats to him and have a safe trip to and fro!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyler called last night and get this no one was home to take the call but he left a message on the answering machine. Crucible went well and he received his globe and anchor Saturday and is now officially a United States Marine. smile.gif I'll bring the digital and get pictures... Congratulations Tyler!

Were home... Sorry I didn't post earlier but things have been pretty hectic. We got back from South Carolina at 3:30 a.m. this morning and slept as soon as we got home, made a big breakfast for Tyler, unpacked, laundry, etc... Had a party at my Mom's for him this evening and I think it's been too much for Tyler... Rosa just took his temp and it was high so he's going to bed early.. I did 31.5 hours driving in 3 days and I am whooped. We will be attending the Veteran's Day Ceremony in Rome at 10 a.m. tomorrow if Tyler is feeling better and then off to the Browns game. I took a few pictures of Parris Island for you guys to see. Family and ceremony day were fantastic! There wasn't a dry eye and were all very proud of our new Marines especially PFC Tyler Rogers wink.gif

The Island welcome sign...

1000788wz7.jpg

Tyler carrying the Battalion flag on the 5 mile motivational run on Family Day. He hated having to wear his BCG (Birth Control Glasses) and I think he is 6' 5" now or I'm shrinking wink.gif

1000786lv9.jpg

This sign say's it all..

1000789cm0.jpg

Iwo Jima directly behind the parade/graduation grandstands...

1000802xq7.jpg

Rosa with the Marine Hum V., behind her is the All Weather Training Facility. The building is where all the Marines formed prior to the Liberty release from 1300 to 1900 hours on Thursday, Family Day...

1000791ru7.jpg

PFC Rogers beside his Battalion logo..

1000798rk8.jpg

Rosa and Tyler at his barracks, sitting on the old foot locker..

1000796ay1.jpg

Tyler and me in front of his barracks entry..

1000794uy9.jpg

Battalion Guide on Rogers at graduation doing his thing with his captain along side...

1000814cu2.jpg

Grauation... Back far right is Tyler behind the small Marines. After he retired the colors he has to fall in at the back of his platoon.

1000818wl6.jpg

The whole family is very proud of Tyler! A proud day and the Marines do it right...

Timmy,

I am glad to see you guys had a safe trip those are some great pictures cool.gif.Sorry I missed your call the other morning I didn't call back I new you were busy.Steve and Cindy made it up the walleye fishing has been slow they bite right at dark and then shut down we did get a chance to get some perch.They were in the same spot where we got them back at labor day wink.gif.Im glad to see Tyler is back home for a while CONGRADULATIONS PFC TYLER.Timmy I hope to talk to ya soon BfishN BLK SLVR GRUB wink.gif.I didn't bring my camera to take pics but cindy did get a pic of yours truley(ME) with about a 30# carp that was taken with the blk and slvr grub they like them too cool.gif what a fight talk to ya soon Bud.

Timmie did you ever think you would look small next to your son? Great job Tyler . . .you the MAN, for real now. Glad you had a safe trip and made the run . . . take your time on the beers today . . . you have a lot of fluids to replace from the proud tears!! Oh yeah fish were had the other day (can you say Frenzy) and I filled my doe tag yesterday morning . . . stayed in bed today . . .garden duty.

Jay that's funny, wink.gif Tyler tried to sneak his regular glasses on before grad and was busted. blush.gif

School of Infantry us next for Tyler but what's cool is instead of going back in 10 days they gave him an extra 7 days leave wink.gif so he will be hear until the Sunday after Thanksgiving... The next stop for Tyler's training is Camp Geiger, NC (next to Camp Lajeune) for 52 days of training and then more training possible out in California at 13 Palms, that's where they do the Iraq/Aphgan training.

The Veteran Day Ceremony was great this morning in Rome Frank, Don Hanson and Bill Brain were there in attendance with about 200 folks. Tyler got to spend time with his friend Kyle Siefert whom is attending AFROTC at Syracuse Univ. and will be an Air Force officer upon completion.

Here's the two men at Veteran's Park prior to the ceremony..

1000822yb7.jpg

My Marine wink.gif In his regular glasses Jay grin.gif

1000820hh7.jpg

The Monument...

1000823su5.jpg

At halftime at the Browns Backer's today they gave Tyler a standing ovation, that brought a tear to my eye. Your absolutely right Frank I never thought it would effect me this much, but I can see it in him and remember when I was a young Airman. He's so polite and courteous it sickens me. lol grin.gif

I am just happy to share this with you guys, it's nice to have a great group of buddies I can share this with. For you as well I am truely blessed.

He looks mean in that one picture but tell him i'll still kick his a$$...

I bet he can run for days. I friend of mine came home after basic in the marines many years ago and a bunch of us were going somewhere and our vehicle got pelted with snowballs. We'll for fun we decided to chase the kids down. I'll never forget my buddy running after em yelling you better give up, I can run for 3 days straight...