• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody else have "the bug"?

Pharcta2

Man, I got it bad. I can't think of anything else except getting on the ice!
Bad enough that I've not only respooled all my ice reels, but also bought spare spools, and respooled those! I've also sharpened every hook, jig, and lure I own. Not to mention, putting all my ice fishing clothes on, sitting on the snowmobile, and making motor noises with my mouth! wink.gif

Any one else got it?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hey Pharcta,
come on over, I could use some help organizing all my ice fishing gear. The bug is making me very, very busy right now smile.gif

Shoot me a time and I can keep that bug of yours occupied for a bit longer. grin.gif

I just have general insainty about not being able to do any form of fishing! Boat is put away, ice is too thin, and no chance of catching anything from shore on the bodies of water still open. I need help! I prefer open water to ice, but at this point of the year Ice is very welcome with me. Got jipped out of it last year after all... Last year was a VERY long winter for me as I didn't think it was worth risking my truck, gear, or life over. Better/ early ice this year with any luck! And early spring next year! wink.gif

I find that I have the same problem Pharcta2, and all those people talking about going ice fishing next weekend isn't helping.
We in the metro don't have any ice on are lakes, but just enofe to cover the small ponds.
Seeing that only makes it worse.

I'm gonna go nuts! The was ice was there! Now its gone! **** wind! **** sun! I'm going bow huntin, ta heck with ice fishin. (yah I say that now, I wont tommorow)

I sure have the bug bad, this afternoon, I pulled out all the gear. I have been busy organizing tackle boxes, charging the vex batteries, etc. I plan on changing blades on the hand auger, respooling all the jigging reels, and getting everything ready to go, maybe, maybe, will be able to road trip north next weekend and find some ice, that would be just fine.

Well, got out on the ice and drilled some holes today. grin.gif

Sorry, don't mean to rub it in. rolleyes.gif

Didn't do that well. Only had two flags, and both got away. But so what. Three inches of clear ice on some lakes in NW Wisconsin and NE Minnesota, with thicker ice near the BWCAW. We were on Nelson in NW Wisconsin.

The season has begun!

Excuse me while I log off to plan tomorrow's fishing. grin.gif

Pharcta2,I've had it since I walked off the ice in march last year.My brothers and sisters and there spouses and My inlaws think I'm crazy.Talked about it all summer to,drove them NUTS LMAO! Imagine sitting at a barbecue talking about ice fishing instead of bass fishing.OH WELL! to hell with them anyways LOL.COME ON ICE! ><sUMo>---------><> Jig Stick

[This message has been edited by Jig stick (edited 11-24-2002).]

I'm ready for some ice fishing. With the cold temps that we are getting now it should be no time before we see safe ice. I'm planning on fishing a small backwater or channel over Thanksgiving.

Good Fishin, Matt.

With this cold weather here now only time will tell when the lakes will be fishable in central and southeran MN.
I got my gear and everything ready all I need is some nice solid ice.

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

I've got a ice fishing fever, and the only cure is solid metro ice on the lakes. The rods and tip ups are respooled, the gas auger has been gassed and started, the hand auger has been sharpened, the vexlar cleaned and charged. I even set up my ice house in the garage and sat in it for a while.
PLEASE FREEZE SOLID SOON METRO LAKES!!!

Yup. Cleaned out the "clam" today, respooled my light panfish stick, got the new gas auger yesterday; mail in waranty card tommorow... yup. If Nothing happens soon; the DNR left the pier in a small pond by my house. May have to walk onto the pier one of these days and test the new Strikemaster with what little is is around it; standing on the pier of course... not a bad idea. Hey... there MIGHT be something under the pier yet still... never know. I'm hoping to atleast be on the ice by the 15th on an Eagan pond atleast.. my next weekend off work wink.gif

yo've got to do what I do, go to gander mountain, get what you need, then go north to fishable ice. going to the palisade area friday after turkey day. there should be 6 plus inches of ice on my favorite lake there. its like the opening of fishing, or deer hunting, this is great, I can't wait.