• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nestor Falls

bklimek

crows lake is very nice!We were up there in july one year and you could see down 50ft. and see your lure with the naked eye!Im from iowa and the best Ive found here is on west okoboji in the middle of winter and thats only about 25ft.We didnt have much luck on crows lake while we were there other than rock bass for eating but those came out of ten feet of water like we were ice fishing.

------------------

I was wondering if anybody has fished the Nestor Falls area for huge Lakers! Particularly Crow Lake. A couple years ago Stange referred me to Al Meline. I was able to talk to Al and he offered me a great group rate. Unfortunately our group decided to go to Lake Sag instead for Lakers. Are there any other good locations to stay that are fairly reasonable in price and offer excellant Laker fishing. I would be interested in a guided trip.

Thanks,

Butch

BKLIMIK
Go to the ice fishing show and I can set you up with a resort on Crow Lake. Been fishing there for over 15 years now. Crow puts out some good trout, not as big as whitefish bay on LOW, but respectable in size ranges.

we stay at andy lake resort, north of souix narrows every janurary. laker fishing is great, mostly fishing dryberry, wanage, and gibi lakes. the owner of the resort will go with us 1 day and guide us out on lake of the woods for some walleye and saugers. it only costs us a few beverages out on the lake for his great fishing spots he takes us. a snowmobile is a must up there, as all lakes are only accessable by sled trails. good luck.

Couple of years ago in May, we stayed at Crowford's resort on Crow (Kakagi) Lake. Fishing was good. Landed lots of lakers. Biggest around 6-8. The word on Crow is the numbers are good, and the size is OK. If you want a shot at a 30, but don't care about numbers and are willing to sacrifice numbers for the big shot, try Whitefish Bay. If you're after good action and some small enough to eat (few things are better than grilled fillets of 3-lb laker), check in at Crawford's. They treated us right. That WAS spring, however. Not sure what they offer in winter.

Like WallEYES said, Crow has good numbers of nice eater size trout. We stay at Muskie Bay resort, and Paul and Chris take great care of you. Your stay there also gets you a key to get on to LOW on Stevens Bay. It is a few miles out to the Hay Island area for some great crappie fishing.