• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

perch fishing flashers

well i c im not the only phool on this site, bigguns is right on the money when using a pimple for a dropper they work really good but that hali jig is i think is even better!

chiro:

Sorry it took me so long to post a reply. I have been going through my ice tackle boxes, and the fiance doesn't seem to like them spread out around my chair, so she "put them away" for me. Just looked at the slip droppers last night. Yes, they have small rubber stoppers at the top and bottom, and a hole in the center of the flasher body for the line to run through. I haven't tried them yet, but I think with the weather we're getting, I may be able to get out early and do some experimenting...

eyes317

I have used the Hali. It works great for perch, and I have even caught a few bluegills on it. As far as the length, I heard that long droppers don't work, I could very well be wrong though. I keep mine at 4 inches as Doug Stange suggests. I guess the reason being that the drop rig would get tangled or something.-irish

I also use this setup for whitefish/tulibees, last year on Leech I probably outfished my buddy 2to1 using the angeleye and northland forage minnow with a waxxie or minnow head. The only problem I was having is they would come in and hit the angeleye,I would see them come in on the vex. and feel a little bump, but if I used just the angeleye they wouldn't hit it!!!!!!!

This year instead of the forage minnow I can use the glow devils smile.gif Now he really better look out!!!!!!!!

I have used the slip dropper for a couple of years now and the rubber snubers work, you have infinite adjustment,had a little success last year useing a jigging rapala with a chain dropper underneath for perch and panfish I think my success was limited by useing to big of a dropper hook. Need ice to confirm my suspicions. One other thing I noticed was that when useing a slip dropper was that while lowering it down to the fish the slip dropper "swam" away from the hook on the bottom and did not tangle.