• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi guys,

Me and some buddies are coming up to the Brule at the end of July to do some canoeing and fishing. I would like to ask for help on the Brule as to good camping areas, fishing report as lures/bait and where to fish? Any help will be appreciated.

You cannot just pull up and set up camp anywhere you want on the Brule. You are limited to campgrounds only and unforutantly there is only one on the river and that is near Pine Tree landing north of HWY 2 on HWY H. Don't get caught camping on the river outside of the campground, I hear that the fines can be pretty steep.

Jar Jar

the campground is called the copper range campground right off of Hwy H and it is a nice spot right on the river. End of july you will most likely be targeting resident browns, and depending on how far up you go, possibly brookies. You will also get some rainbows mixed in that are juvenile steelhead, some say there are resident rainbows in there as well, but it's a topic thats often argued over. There is a chance that some early arriving lake runs browns might be showing up at that time, but it will most likely be a little early. fish deep holes and bends and make sure to check the regs, there are a lot of different regs for different species and different sections of water.