• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Updates

Rick

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out on Pokegama in Grand Rapids today. Theres 3 to 4 inches of clear ice on the Windigo Arm. Walked out from the acess on the south shore out to the drop off. Caught 100 perch, only 4 big enough to keep. 10 to 12 inchers nice perch!

Hey fishfearme, drop me an email. I live in the Rapids. Was just on the lake with the boat right before freeze up. I can tell ya where I caught some eyes with in walking distance of the South landing. Maybe we could meet up and try for a few....My email is [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Eyewitness (edited 11-23-2002).]

Brother In-law was up looking at lake lots on Leech sat. and said on the way back down there was a snowmobile crossing either Round lake or North long lake he wasn't quite sure which lake it was but that has to be boarder line insanity

immaaxxxxxxi - I fished on prairie saturday. 3+ inches on most of the north end of the lake.

Nothing much happening - where I wanted to fish is still open. Maybe Friday

just got back from Upper Red Lake theres 2-3" out about a mile in spots but to shaky for us yet. one atv fell in coming back to shore in about 4ft of water after fishing in 7-8 feet of water on maybe 3" of ice, there was about 2" of snow up there, no big ice heaves yet even after the wind sat night check us out on the used gear forum for cabin, and be safe about the ice yet.

Just a question or two here. Was wondering if you could post the location of these lakes you talk about? Also how far south is the ice? Need to fish bad the girlfriend is getting upset with me spending too much time in Dave Genz's bood Bluegills!

Cubbies

Checked out the ice in the southeastern part of the state (near Kellogg/Wabasha), in some of the backwater areas of the Mississippi. There is about 1 inch of solid ice today. With the temps set to get into the single digits again tonight, it won't be much longer!

Good Fishing,
Mike

------------------
Hooked on Fishing Bait & Tackle
The Place For Info
5510 HWY. 63 North
Rochester, MN 55901
Phone: (507) 282-4982
HookedOnFishingTackle.com

Does anyone have a report from the Northwest Angle? How much ice? I thought I saw snowmobile tracks the other day from the webcam photo.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-27-2002).]

Had some guys check in tonight who fished today on Island Lake (just northeast of Blackduck). They said the ice there was 4" to 6" and are going back out again tomorrow. Also talked to one of the resort owners on Upper Red Lake who had been out on his six wheeler today, he said the ice was 6" thick and was thinking with the way the weather is predicted we should be at 7" to 8" by this weekend.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Fish and Rice lakes have 4-6 inches. People driving snowmobiles and 4 wheelers all over. THe narrows and crappie village on fish had 8 houses yesterday. A buddy called me on his cell from Rice lake 30 minutes ago and there was 6 inches where he was. Im headed up there at 2pm and Ill report back after.

Fish and Rice lakes have 4-6 inches. People driving snowmobiles and 4 wheelers all over. THe narrows and crappie village on fish had 8 houses yesterday. A buddy called me on his cell from Rice lake 30 minutes ago and there was 6 inches where he was. Im headed up there at 2pm and Ill report back after.

Crappeye, According to the message on B.J's machine (clearwater lake) it froze over the other day and he will be open this weekend. I drove by this evening and there was open water out past the reeds. If the weather does warm it ain't gonna be good. I walked out a little ways on pearl with good ice but some of the cracks were squeking and seeping water. Elk might be a possibility? Also I called lundeens at mille lacs and Kathy said Bill was out checking it on cove bay, but she tought 3-4 on "most" of it how far out that is I dont know. Good luck. Be safe.