• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will be a first timer!!

I have always wanted to go to Devil's Lake and now I am. I will be fishing on Tuesday and Wednesday with a local guide service and will be staying in one of their cabins.

Any thoughts to what the fishing will be like? Any tips?

I can't wait -- I bought a season pass so I can go back in my boat.

Should be fun -- I can't wait. Have any hogs been pulled out lately -- is there a slot limit?

No there is no slot. There was a pretty good storm that rolled through there today. Sounds like it has been really good lately though. This is all hear say though no first hand reports for me.

We just got back yesterday from a 3 day weekend on the west side of the lake. Winchester Island, Golden Highway, windblown shores under 6 feet. All were hot for us, along with many other places. The Minnewaukan fish cleaning station had lines of anglers everytime we were there. Everyone is pounding the walleyes right now. Bring lots of leeches and plan on losing to lots of snags and northerns.

Dahitmnan on the ND forum! Welcome! See you back on your neck of the woods forum soon. Let us know how everything turned out. I live in ND and haven't fished DL in years. I have heard nothing but good things about it. Hope all goes well.

Anytime --

This is what I posted in the Detroit Lakes forum.

It was FUN!!

It was slow on Tuesday -- 8 eyes and 6 gators and on Wednesday we killed them -- 30 eyes and about 10 gators. What a great place to fish.

Ok -- I do have one very painful story to tell you. First of all I am NOT one to add on to a story or the size of a fish. At least I am not doing it now.

Anyway after doing very well Wednesday am I had a very nice hit. A big fish -- no question about it. I brought him up and before the "guide" could get the net he surfaced. My dad and I saw a monster walleye. I saw him out of the water so I know he was big -- not just "water" big.

He must have seen the net and he did one last run. and broke my line -- or at least I thought. When I reeled up I had a jig that was attached to my hook. Yes, a huge mister twister that was starting to rust. It had some line attached to it as well.

My guess is that when I set the hook I caught the other guys hook!!!!

What are the odds of that?

The fish had to be between 8-12 pounds and I am guessing about 30 inches -- like 10 pounds. Man that is tough to deal with.

What are the odds? I guess that is how they get big -- they get smarter and they have to be a little lucky.

100 percent true story.