• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to musky anglers.. Water temps are drastic, even clear water lakes are pushing 80 degrees and stained water is definately at that point. Becareful, stress levels are increased at these temps. So even taking a break on the 'skis is a good idea until we get some cooler weather.

Suspended bite is definately on, on the clear water lakes. Trolling or casting.

Might want to hit the Flambeau below the thornapple dam right now as they are doing a 25 year maintenance check on the dam and the water is flowing pretty good. It is at or near springtime evels but i don't know how long they will just let it flow. Might make for some serious fun ski action and if not the smallie bite will keep you busy.

Tunrevir~

Was out on the Tiger Cat Flowage Sunday morning and did find the water pushing that 79 degree mark. We boated one 30" and a 28" tiger. The tiger was a little sluggish at the release but did swim away strong. Also had 2 strikes, 4 other follows, and a bonus bass. All fish came off the weed edges ajoining deep water.

does anyone know much about fishing the st. croix for muskies? I know people do it north of stillwater but i have also seen people fishing muskies around prescott. I would like to try it because I get sick of pounding bone and deer. if anyone knows any spots or areas that produce fish on the croix and dont mind sharing, please let me know.

I have got out on Bone and Deer a few times the last couple weeks with very little success. This erratic weather cant be helping, but I am having a tough time just raising a few fish. I believe this whole summer has been pretty slow for the lakes in this area. I'm sure it will pick up this fall...right after I head back to school confused.gif

Its been a tough year for me, I've put in a moderate amount of time and have had marginal success. Still gonna give her a whirl til the end of Sept, then the rods will get dusty! Going tomorrow night again, went last night and she twas a bust.

no, i havent gathered a lot of info yet. I have heard people say that downstream from oxbow is a good strech. I also know people have caught some nice fish above oxbow. I will have to keep searching for some more info though.

Our group had about 14 guys out Wed, most on Wissota, 2 on Holcombe. 2 smaller fish caught on Wissota, the other 2 on Holcombe had a feeding frenzy right as the moon came up. They caught a 31", 37", and 44".

Scored a nice 44.5" last night on Wissota. Not too many other guys from the league out, I think they are in MN chasin the big girls. Got mine on a homemade bucktail at last light, had no idea she was there but started the L turn on the figure 8 and she hit - let a little line out and waited for the net man! Will post pics soon.

It was a nice fish, it was dark and with hurrying with hooks and such I didn't get a good look at her but she was very healthy looking. Hopefully the pics turn out well, all we had was a cheap disposable. My biggest Wissota fish and 3rd biggest overall. Indeed a good way to end the season - I live withing spitting distance of the Chippewa R in Eau Claire so I might fish a night or two when I don't have time to get to the woods for hunting wink.gif