• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lake vermilion in Minn

I read and post on the Vermilion site all the time....I was just hoping for some other Hoosier flavor on the lake..where they stayed, when they went, what they used to catch fish..etc....our group has been going to the east end, staying at Everett Bay Lodge...we looked at Vermilion Dam Lodge as something different for next year..maybe.

Wow, you guys sure drive a long way, I hope you are getting good fish. Have you tried Musky?

I was here because I was going to move to Muncie but found out today I won't be.

My experience with Vermillion is that the walleyes seem to run small the last few years, so we have been focusing on Musky fishing, there are some real monsters out there. If you guys have some idea about Pike or Musky fishing, give it a try.

Or, you can just enjoy the beautiful scenery. There should be a few Hoosiers up there.

Good luck.

muskyfever,

thanks for the offer...we fished June 9-16 and had a great time..fished the east end out of Everett bay..lots of smallies..some nice walleye, very few pike, which I thought we would kill in the weeds in spinner baits but caught just a few..mid 80's and windy all week, fished just before the mayfly hatch hit big.

fishmarket,

Seeing how this post is 2 years old in the Indiana forum you may not read this, but we are leaving Indy heading up to the East end of Vermilion for our first Vermilion trip. Stayed on Burntside the last trip north. Reply, anyone, if you see this, I'd like to pick your brain a bit.

Thanks

J. Ramsey

Hey Jason and everyone else,

I forgot all about this Indiana section, but I saw you went to Vermilion last year, east end. We are going again at the end of August, I was hoping to compare some spots if you want..we have a couple pretty sure smallie areas, but always looking to find new areas.

thanks, the old Fishmarket