• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Reports - 2007

Insurance - that river/area is beutifull. The whole upper Del is actually a national park. Normally the water is crystal clear and it prettier. The rocks the size of suv's are neat espacially the ones out in the water. In the first picture you can see just the tip of one thats been there for eons. We also saw a bunch of wildlife including some eagles...

Dad was at the cabin with Billy while we did our canoe trip. He got two nice 14in trout, a brown and a rainbow on flies on the west branch...

Timmy - was thinking of you while reading a fly tying and fishing book the other day. The author had one of the most important statements ever!

"presentation is more important then imitation. The wrong fly(bait) presented well will catch more fish than the right fly presented poorly"....

Some food for thought...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Timmy - was thinking of you while reading a fly tying and fishing book the other day. The author had one of the most important statements ever!

"presentation is more important then imitation. The wrong fly(bait) presented well will catch more fish than the right fly presented poorly"....

Some food for thought...

How true... It's not my DeMarini that's doing the damage it's the swing mechanics that get the job done wink.gif Oh we were talking fishing, sorry grin.gif

Big Johnny Ice - Just got your message, that's alot of hair wink.gif12 dozen of Hutch's bucktails in 1/8 to 3/8 oz. just one question. Where will your wake be so I know where to send the flowers grin.gif Tracy is not going to be happy grin.gif Glad he took care of you!

Dark Cloud - Talked to Hutch this morning and .20 a jig head on the blanks. Did he talk to you or Pop this morning? For those whom want custom stuff done from Hutch just so you know..he will be leaving in 10 days for 2.5 months guiding on Erie so he should have plenty of standard stock tied but the custom stuff will be a long wait.

Hey Todd - got my ump schedule no game Sunday, wanna fish, call me I don't have to leave home tonight till 5:30...

Jay,nice scenery pics when i was a kid i used to fly fish with my uncle on the delaware for browns.He used to match the hatch and then we fished, there is definate art to fly fishing.John we have to hookup some time and do some waldo fishing I never fished C in a boat I would like to try it some time.

Quote:

John we have to hookup some time and do some waldo fishing I never fished C in a boat I would like to try it some time.

I'm fishing there again tomorrow morning with my father. Maybe we can coordinate a trip with you and Timmy to join me in my boat there one afternoon or evening sometime this summer or fall. I can't wait for those cold October and November nights to flatline some stickbaits out there ooo.gif

USMC130FE, nice talking to you again Steve and welcome aboard over here. It's pretty low key with no "PM" reading scandals that I know aboutgrin.gif

Did some serious damage on the early summer eyes again yesterday with dad. We fished from 10 til 3:30 and backtrolled our way to about 25 fish. Mostly sunny skies, cool conditions and a nice chop on the water today kicked up by what I call a good northwest "walleye wind" blowing out there. #5 Fishlander Golden Muffins were the preferred blades of the day and we were running about .8 to .9 to get bit. Anything over 1mph was too fast today. I dropped 4 good fish near the boat but we still scored an easy double limit of 10 good eaters and a bunch of throwbacks today in the 12 to 14" range. I brought the cammy along today for some pics.

The livewell shot just before I bled out the fish.

20070630_0003.jpg

The final score! Mmmm, mmmmm good laugh.gif

20070630_0008.jpg

John,

Thanks for the invite, next one I promise I'll make. I definately need to go through your "Walleye School" Let me know what you schedule is like the next few days and we'll see if we can hook up. I'm dying to get out and fish, enough of the haying season for now....LOL.

Once again awesome post from you.

Tight lines brother,

Steve

Trying to set up something for Saturday on Oneida with Tuzzy and Todd. Left a message for Maki to get back with me on the plastics, Todd I am gonna see what I can do on getting 100 of those. I figure between Tuzzy you and Steve will have plenty to go around. Todd I'll get to those panfish pics hopefully tonight after softball. Speaking of softball we went on a heck of a run and it came to an end Tuesday, tied 8-8 going into the bottom of the 6th Westernville put 7 runs on the board and we came back with only 1 in the top of the seventh to lose 15-9, I went 3 for 4 and scored twice.

No hurry on the pics Tim they are not going any where I dont know about oneida for saturday confused.gif.We will have to converse on that one, give me a call I will be some where in the boat tommorow.

Good luck to you fellas tomorrow if you make it out. I'm heading back out with my pal Robb and his son and see if we can't catch a whole bunch more walleyes. Robb and company went Wednesday afternoon and got over 30 eyes with 12 keepers so it's looking pretty good for tomorrow afternoon grin.gif Hopefully we can get our limit of 15 by early evening.

You to John... Tuzzy possibly Todd and I will be fishing Oneida were going to try some old standbys and got a decent report off the orange wall. The panfish gear will be with us if we start getting the wall dog stroke. You guys will do well. Talked to Tony Montoya today he's taking fat @ss out in the boat tomorrow, drift boat training the mouth. I told Bruce to charge him double just because he never shut's up. This guy is a piece of work, problem is he works down the hall from me and he will be in my office Monday telling me about his 2 hour trip which will take about 4 hours at least, engineers... confused.gif I think I'm going to be sick Monday tongue.gifgrin.gif

Give em heck boys! wink.gif

Todd caught this gorgeous eater today on a small lake south of here. Way to go Todd. Nice coyote too, tried to blow up that pic but it looked worse, needed more light but that's a site first thing in the morning before coffee..

Tuzzy and I stroked it and the winds were whipping pretty good, heard good things off 113 in 34' of water on pink and silver spinner rigs and bottom bouncers but that info came in to late for us to make the adjustment so we basically farted around in the barge canal and thank the lord for the eye candy wink.gifbecause the fishing was terrible but the heavy traffice scenery was top-notch grin.gif

toddspicsnl5.jpg

toddspics044sx2.jpg

The bite was a little slower yesterday afternoon but we still did pretty good and came 2 short of our 15 fish limit. We caught about 25 walleyes between the 3 of us with most of the bigger fish being suspended pretty high up and taking Hot-N-Tots off the boards. We had one fatty perch in the mix also.

The final score back at the ramp all freshly bled out and ready for the ride home in the cooler.

20070707_0004.jpg

Thanks Timmy. The fish are starting to really set up in the summer patterns now in deep water, some on the big dropoffs and some suspended over the deep flats. I'm hearing really good reports on those suspended "stoagies" also coming 20 down over about 40 but I haven't been up there in a while to see for myself. I think I'm going to try a different lake tomorrow evening and see if we can't catch a few more. Tonight we have fresh walleye on the menu at my house! Grilled, baked or fried, I just can't decide grin.gif

John,you might want to grill them you might not even have to use propane just put them in sun for a few minutes on each side they will cook grin.gif.Its been a while since I had a waldo supper starting to have withdrawls grin.gif.I have a loner in the freezer that is getting mighty lonely wink.gif.