• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Reports - 2007

That's still alot of catching Jay... wink.gif Tuzzy needed a new motor cover because he forgot to tie it down the last trip out blush.gif so I helped him find it and order it on line and we got to talking and put a game plan together for Sunday morning on Oneida. The usual stop for breakfast at the Vienna hotel and on to Godfrey, finally... smile.gif

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy - Hope the weathers good for you guys on sunday. You guys gonna hit that shallow area first?

Rob and I went down the river about 10 last night. Loads of fish still there, weeded through a ton of 14 inchers but got our fish...

We are headed down our camp tomorrow am till sunday. Trout and walleyes for a few days then painting the place on sat....

Quote:

Timmy - You guys gonna hit that shallow area first?

Absolutely wink.gif

Great to see Rob get in on the whacking that goes on down there wink.gif I am surprised you could even hold a dang paint brush with all the eyes you have been hauling in lately wink.gif

Maybe will run into Todd out there on Sunday, that would be cool. Mark's launching out of Godfrey to but he has smallmouth on the mind, bass fisherman confused.gif

Have a great time at camp and don't forget the digital, your pics and reports keep me going brother. What's up with Faneca? Did you like my email?

Went out with Steve + my brother in law this morning, we fished 7-11 got 7 nice keepers and 2 nice perch. We fished west end of the lake by the islands,(133) area. My bro-in law tryed his new drift sock out this morning + it worked like a charmer. Black/purple jigs were the rigs we used, but I switched to a green sparkle twister tail on black jig head before I caught my 1 fish. The other 2 got lucky today, but it will be a long summer I suppose. We had the perfect west wind for drifting, the 1 dixie I put down couldn't buy a bite, I guess they work better later in the year as the fish were kinda suspended.

Well i'm off, tight lines all, only 7 1/2 months till first ice.:)

TO Tim

Nice report Tim... Unfortunately Tuzzy and I didn't get out Sunday. Tuzzy wasn't feeling to good and got checked out and is on antibiotics so Sunday was a wash, however Tank and Dark Cloud were at it again and caught enough eyes and trout to cover everyone that didn't make it out this weekend grin.gif

Dad and I had a real nice 5 days down the cabin. We caught everything that swims, ate, drank, and got the place painted. We caught lots of eyes, all 3 species of trout, bass, chubs, wed and thursday I got into a half dozen american shad - they are a hoot, kinda like a 2 ft tarpon. Didnt get the best pictures, I either had rain or battery probs with the camera....

Heres dad with a few limits of eyes. Fish didnt show up well but the scenery did...

dsc00672qi2.jpg

Heres a shot of a nice 18 inch brown I got...

dsc00671af8.jpg

Heres a big brown that went a tad over 22. I was fly fishing all evening and got 3 smaller trout. Right at dark I grabbed the spinning rod with a x-rap and this guy nailed it. Not the best pict back at the cabin. I look like I was fishing from sunup till sundown, and I was...

dsc00669nb0.jpg

Nice fish guys I also got into the eyes on the big O all weekend during the day and at night .Saturday I did a little crappie fishing and caught a few, the ones I caught were nice all were released. smile.gif

Thunder - we fished Oneida for a few hours late afternoon tuesday. We helped a friend put in his dock and lift then went over to another friends on the north shore. He's been doing rather well lately. The lake was flat calm as it gets. Fishing was tough but we jigged up 5 keepers...

DC The eyes are starting to school back up some are shallow and some are deep.Saturday I made one drift and caught my limit, today I didnt go wind blowing to hard to go alone will be heading out tomorrow to the old stomping grounds.Tim if your up for some jig action give me a call you are more than welcome to go I left you a message on your voice mail gimme a shout.

Well Todd thanks for the call and I appreciated the Memorial Day invite on the Big O. Todd and I fished out of the South Shore launch and concentrated on the shoals in 12' to 17' and found some willing eyes and smallies. Here's the pics of the trip. Used plastics, hair jigs and cranks. Good time and thanks for taking me Todd...

Here's a nice 20" in the first picture that I released along with all the smallies we caught. The restwere perfect 16 - 17.5" eaters that Todd took home...

1000530ht1.jpg

1000531my7.jpg

1000532gu9.jpg

1000533uz4.jpg

1000534jd2.jpg

1000535rw6.jpg

Nice pics tim they came out good let me know when you get some more free time we will go do it again.It is always nice to have somebody in the front of the boat on the big O you know how choppy it gets out there your welcome any time tim.Next time it will be more smallies and wallies and some pannies grin.gif.

Fished on the big O this morning and caught my limit of eyes fish were biteing early and hard.played with the smallmouth till about 9.30am it got super hot and the wind flattened right out all and all a very good morning.Bought a new digital camera will take some pictures when I figure out all the settings.Stay cool guys cool.gif

Todd and I hit the Big O again off the S.S. launch and again struck walleye gold with a couple limits, hit some smallies too and a white bass. Todd caught some nice ones as you can see by the pics below. Well done Mr. Hairmaster. wink.gif I hit the two keepers I caught on da frenzy and a white K grub. Things weren't happening for me on the hair today but Todd was all about the hair grin.gif

1000569jr5.jpg

Walleye low there were prying eyes around...

1000570kh2.jpg

1000571nn7.jpg

1000572vj4.jpg

Todd you have to use the zoom a little on the camera. First Eye of the day on Frankies Frenzy wink.gif

1000567vo9ez7.jpg

1000568cy1az8.jpg

Todd . . Saturday should have cruised down to SS looking for you but thought you were somewhere else. No walleyes for me although I eventually wnet lookign for them . . .Way too busy with the white bass and smallies . . .ButchBro and myself caught over 100 fish . . .all on topwater for the most part. Of course, I had to see if a black and silver Frenzy might coax a bite and I was not disappointed on its first cast. It was a hot one for sure with minimal wind. But just like in the fall you don't feel the cold when they are biting . . .you don't feel the heat in the hot weather . . .but the redneck, well, you do feel that on the seatbelt when you check out the passing garden plants . . . smirk.gif

Here is a late report from Silver Lake from this past Friday evening/Saturday morning. I met the Wizard around 6:30pm and fished out of his brand new 17.5' Tracker. That boat is NICE grin.gif

We almost thought about pulling an all nighter out there; the weather was awesome, but the fishing was slow. We got off the water around 2:30am. I got the only walleye out of our boat, which was a nice 22" caught on a perch colored X-Rap #10. It was caught around 12:30am just as the full moon was coming up in the eastern sky. I know I look like dump, but this shot was taken at 3:30am, and I had been up since 5am Friday morning because of work.

1006334ac4.jpg

A couple of guys that we know fished around the same area and they only got one walleye, but it was a nice 25 incher:

102_0723.jpg

And right before sunset, he also got this 32" pike:

102_0722.jpg

Thanks ... Nice fish Johnny! Now that's a pretty eye there wink.gif Off work on Thursday so Tuzzy and I will be on the big O. Tuzzy caught one 17" eye this past Saturday and then Joe and him got into the smallies and pickerel on Delta.

On a sad note a friend of ours Craig that runs Okie Dokie's restaurant and fishes the shallows extensively on Canadargo through the ice had an accident with a lawn tractor and broke both of his hips when the tractor rolled over on him on a side hill. He's o.k. and our hope is for a quick and full recovery.

Todd let me know when you get the material or the jig heads for those bucktails and I will ask around and maybe one or two of my friends would volunteer to tie em up. There's no doubt that color pattern is hot. Found a site that sells bucktails and none of em had red crystal flash wink.gif I'd post pictures of the jig but then Todd would kill me grin.gif

Long day yesterday Todd got call ed in last night to ump 3 games last night and that was after getting up at 4 a.m. to fish.

Timmy - I have every color and type of tying material imaginable, including red crystal flash. Send me a pict event though the pattern dosent matter - confidence in a pattern does...

Not much been going on here. Dad and I fished eyes thursday last week. Fished till it got to hot around noon. Picked about 20 eyes and a few shad...

Thanks Jay - Will do when I get a chance I'll send you some pics. There are two slightly different patterns that Todd has been using I have one of em he has the other.

Todd how did you do yesterday in the boat?

Insurance guy - Been on the water much or are you busy working?

Timmy,went to east end of the big O AND GOT RAINED ON grin.gifthank god for the all mighty GORE TEX.I caught 3 shorts and 5 smallies not to bad I only fished an hour I would of fished longer but I had to have some brake work done on my truck $$$$$$$$$$$ mad.gif.Jay the other pattern timmys talking about is a little different not much though next time you guys are up this way I have a few bucktails for you and some lead if you need it.I can get jig hooks pretty cheap also.

Quote:

Insurance guy - Been on the water much or are you busy working?

A lot of working and a little fishing ooo.gif Very good season so far with the number of times out and plenty of tasty walleyes. I spent most of my fishing time in May trying for stripers in the Hudson and now it's time to focus on the eyes.

That a nice 25" there Big Johnny and a Big O'l toothy. Tuzzy and I found the walleyes in 30' of water on the big O today, nothing sexy just bouncing Todd's hair with a 1/2 crawler, Tuzzy caught 3 and I caught 5 and a few smallies.

So we caught our limit and a couple of throw backs, allnice eaters 15.5" to 20". Having that new Cabela's drift sock made all the difference in the world, I am glad I told Tuzzy to buy one it's essential for this type fishing with 3'ers. Thanks Todd!

Glad your getting out insurance guy wink.gif

Talked to Craig today and he's in pretty good spirits, lots of mending and rehab and fortunately no surgery. Enjoy the pics...

1000573cq2.jpg

1000576al8.jpg

1000574bl7.jpg

1000575lc8.jpg