• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

okaboji tournament

Was thinking of getting involved with the circuit that includes Okaboji May 19th. I've never fished the lake so I have no idea what to expect. My brother called me and asked if I would be interested. Thought I'd start a post to see if anyone had any info or suggestions in regards to the lake and the tournament. Thanks... Fever smirk.gif

that is a also a great time to hit west okoboji. while in high school i got a 22 1/4". it was caught on may 16th 1992. we got a bunch of 3 pounders as well as my 7lb that day. great lake, if you've never been, go. if it's not too far, ice fish it next winter also. that area is like a mini mille lacs. cool.gif can get pressured on the weekends open or ice

Bass. Thanks for the quick response. I'll try to get there but it happens to be the same weekend as my turkey licence draw. I might get a bird quick though. Any advice on how to approach the lake or sugguestions on go to lure types? thanks guys... I'm getting out and heading to red wing sat am if the rain doesn't keep me home. Heard of a couple pig eyes coming from there last weekend. smirk.gif