• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Many rivers on the south shore are opening up for steelhead fishing in under two weeks! (Mar 31) I've got the itch already as I've been tying flies non-stop. All my equipment is ready, now all I can do is wait. Who else is planning on heading out the first day of the season?

As responsible anglers we need to realize the importance of catch and release on these amazing fish. Rivers such as the Brule are recovering and C@R is a huge factor to seeing this trend continue. I don't want to sound as if I am preaching to anyone, but I just wanted to remind everyone how fragile and important our steelhead fishery is.

Good luck to everyone this upcoming season! laugh.gif

Pretty sure I'll be there. Everything is in order just frantically trying to replace a reel the went out on me mid fight on a monster king this fall. Anyone have an awesome reel they plan on throwing out? wink.gif I've got two on the way but i'll be cutting it close. I'm with ya kent. We need to protect these precious yarn eating beasts. They'll continue to make that comeback as long as we don't disrupt the trend.

Matt, I've got a couple very good reels that will likely be on the table at the sportsmans swap if you can wait till then! Probably not, if you have a couple on the way. What did you order?

I hope to be at the swap meet and can never have too many reels. I'm getting the old model made by martin (the indestructable type no longer made) and a gloomis. The martin because they are reliable and the lommis because I hear they have a better drag than most and it's shiny. wink.gif

I have quite a few fly reels already but I don't trust them any more than the new martin with the broken drag.

I not too pumped about the weather but from my sources by the river the water is looking pretty good. If the rain, wind, and air temp doesn't get the best of me life could be pretty good tmrw. Quick, just use the good old timer on the camera and you can snap away. I'm not promising pictures but if things go as planned I'll throw some up after the weekend. Good luck everyone!