• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snow goose reports

Right now I would bet that you will start seeing some come through anytime. I myself haven't seen any yet. But the Sheyenne in VC opened up today and it is free flowing. A week ago I was walking on the river. So with some water open I and the temps we have been having it is a matter of time.

I put on 450 miles. Went along the North/South Dakota from south of hankinson to south of jamestown. Zig zagged around Oaks and pretty much anywhere you can think of and only saw on flock of about 3-4 hundred!!! Honkers and ducks everywhere and thats it!!! Did go down to Sand Lake in South Dakota and there was a big swarm of snow geese!!

Next weekend might be good with the weather predictions!!!

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks brian I really appreciate the report--6 of us are planning on heading to ND next weekend if the birds are there(cando/edmore/lakota area probably). I think if it warms up again they should start pushing north again.

How much snow was still on the ground?

jeff

There was pretty much no snow in the fields except around Oaks. But that wont take long to leave. The only problem is no open water. Once it starts warming up it wont take long for the geese to make it up by Cando!!

I have a place north of Alice Refuge about 5 miles so I might be up there in 2 weekends. My cousin and I shot 104 birds up there in 2 days last year the third week in April. I will be going up there Easter weekend for sure!!!

I was in Devils Lake over the weekend. Lots of snow but I did not see any snow geese anywere. COme to think, I didn't see any canadiens or ducks either. It was raining in Larimore (30 miles east of Lakota) so maybe the rain thawed some snow. better than 12 inches of snow on Devils Lake and surroundign areas.

No problem!!!

The geese pushed north on sunday but have slowed down now!!!

This weekend might be OK to go out in southern ND but I think the middle of next week will be good!!! I might be going out on Sunday. The geese are gonna cruise through ND again this year the way it looks!!

If I hear any good reports Ill post!!!

Good luck