• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Biggest Muskie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one and only 29" with red/white blade mepps have caught alot of pike over 36" with that same lure the musky was in Pike Bay on the big V just a couple weeks ago could not find the big ones

Biggest Muskie I ever caught was a 48" on a Zoom Fluke with a casting rod on 8lb test. Reeled it straight into the boat without a fight so I cut the line seeing as we were in a Bass tourney and I had about 8 rods laying on the deck I figured I better not even attempt to bring it in. Probably would've been out about 4 or 5 rods when it came into the boat and realized where it was lol. The only other one I ever caught was on Lake Waconia in another Bass tourney last year. I netted it next to the boat without even hooking it. Yes it's true I actually netted a 48" Muskie without even hooking it. Took a picture that never even turned out and returned it to the lake for the next guy. I always had more strikes and follows while Bass fishing with smaller baits than I ever do while actually "Muskie" fishing.

I caught my first and biggest one yesterday in 3.5ft of water on a double bladed black Northland spinner with a double twister tail. It measured at 40.5 inches didn't take the girth but it was a fat Tiger guessing 22+lbs. Is this common depth for a Metro fish in July surface temp was 79.

Now I'm hooked for life when that fished jumped out of the water I about wet myself grin.gif

Biggest muskie I ever kept and mounted was a 40 pounder. I believe I have released larger ones.

caught her october 21,1998. length was 54",girth was 26". Fish swallowed a muskie harrasser...gill plates were destroyed.

I've lost count on the muskies I have caught over 50"...