• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What brand to buy?

Well I i always see people argueing about wich one is better. remington or savage as far as out of the box accuracy. I decided im going to go with a .30-06. I have not decided the brand yet tho

I have narrowed it down to 3 a savage,remington, or a tika. If some of you would like to give me some opinions of them i would appreciate it. Im not going to be buying one with a heavy target barrel since is going to be mainly for deer hunting. but i will not have sights tho, just a scope. also im looking at one with a wood stock and a blued barrel and then I will buy a synthetic stock afterwards.

Mainly what one will be the most accurate, easiest to adjust the trigger, and best resale value. I dont really plan of selling since im left handed and it will be a left handed bolt. I guess im really looking for accuracy more than anything. so any help would be appreciated. thanks

Well i like browning but my brother and dad both have model 700s from remmington and they like them. well get the one that fits you best i know the 06 does not kick that much but boy i like my boss on the end of mine at the range i can shoot more and I dont flinch as bad as my bro and dad after a shooting at the range.

i suppose im just best off going to the store and picking them up and fitting them to my shoulder myself huh lol. Havent done that yet. I guess I didnt think about a weatherby yet. I appreciate the help guys. thanks

I hate to throw another gun into your mind but I am also Left handed and I shoot a Ruger M77 270. I think it took me about 3 shots to have it in the ten ring and a few more to get it dialed down to take the "10" out of the target. It is always on target and I love to shoot it.

before picking a brand look a little more at what you want. Clip or No Clip. IF you do want a clip check out the differnt styles of clip. Don't buy just because of brand but because of the features you like. Bolt action Browning is hard to beat. I went with Ruger because I like a blocky forend for when I shoot and I like the 3 position safety. Buddy don't like the 3 point safety but went with the Browning because he likes the bolt and the clip. Sometimes I wish my Ruger had a clip but it don't. Go into your dealer when they have guns and see what you like. Looking at a gun online and seeing how it feels in your hands is another. See what you like in your hands and then shop around for that gun.

I looked at all brands in the 25-06 range. I went with the Tikka, the feel of the stock, out of box accuracy, comes with a clip, free floating barrel, safety position, and smooth bolt action really sold me on this gun. And I bought it for the same price as a Remington 700ADL!! I will definitely buy another Tikka...just can't decide whic caliber I need next.