• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha Grizzly 660

taits_papa

I own a 2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660, owned it since new. One of my biggest complaints about the machine is the differential lock to lock in all 4 wheels. The engine cuts out so bad it's not worth using. Shortly after buying the machine I installed the reverse limiter override to allow a faster reverse when really stuck, a great help. Wondering if anyone knows of the same type of add on for the diff lock? Looking for something that can be installed fairly easy. Please let me know if you've heard of anything as it would definately help the aggression of the machine!!

There is a way to override this.If I remember correctly you have ground out a certain wire under the seat area. I could give you an internet site to find out how, and the guys avatar name is Grizzhopper.The internet site is highlifter.Hope this helps.

JT is correct. The override can be wired in on the '02s and '03s. 2004 and up have a switch built in from the factory.

On my 2006 I believe it cuts out around 20mph or so and that's not much if your wheels are spinning.

That Grizzhopper guy has a schematic of how to wire in the relay and switch to remove the limiter. Many people have done it.

Wondering if you can send the info you found on overriding the diff lock? Does it look difficult? Man it'd be nice to get that taken care of. Thanks to all that have helped on this, I appreciate it! (and will even more when I'm buried in the swamp, flipping the switch and climbing on out!!) email to [email protected] Thank you!!

I apologize. I didn't think that a file could be sent to this site so that's what I had requested it be sent to my home. I tried to keep all the communication out here though so everyone could view it. I had seen other forums similar to this and that it was acceptable. Again, I apologize.

Still looking for somebody that has information on how to obtain a kit to over ride the diff lock on a 2003 grizzly. I already have the over ride kit for the reverse limiter and think it's great. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Could have used it this weekend while plowing snow! Still did pretty good with (3) turning.