• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are you fishing for?? I have spent some time out there. A beautiful lake indeed, but it is a little tough to fish. I've done descent on Muskies there, some smallies, walleyes are tough...theres lakers if you know how to fish em as well

I target all species. Mostly interested in walleye and muskie. I have a lot of experince on fishing trout on Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. I did not know that Cliff Lake had trout. I will bring some gear to try for them. Probably will spend most of the time fishing for walleye. What type of lures do you recommend for walleyes? Jigs w/plastics, Lindy's, Crankbaits? Also is this a really clear lake or does it have a staind tint?

Thanks for the information.

Andy

Cliff is a fairly clear lake, there's some stain to it in certain areas but it does get pretty clear most of the time.

Walleyes? I can't help you out much at all, they were very tough to catch, I mainly caught them on accident casting for other species.

We do well on Cliff for Muskies by fishing smaller bucktails or top water. A mepps #5 gold blade/brown fur has caught us a LOT of fish. I would highly suggest you make a trip into the chain of 3 lakes connected to cliff. There's 3 lakes, Ghost, Evening, and Twilight. Ghost is the first lake, don't waste your time and keep going to the other two, It's hard to get back there but is very rewarding, we have had legendary days back there on Musky #'s, and the walleye fishing seems to be easier.

Excellent. Thanks for the information muskybrian. I am just starting to do some research on these lakes. I have a couple of the Mepps #5's in my box of goodies already. I will take a couple missions and venture to the lakes that are connected to Cliff. Do you know anywhere that I could obtain a lake map for these area's?

Thanks

I got a map a few years back, but not a good one. I am sure if you google search online you can come up with something.

As a side note, if you make a trip back to the chain of lakes be prepared...With lower water the creek has gotten very low, i wouldn't take a nice boat or prop back there. There's nasty rocks near the mouth of Ghost, just use your eyes and go slow. Also, beavers generally make life difficult, the last few times we have had to knock down multiple houses to get back there. Once you get past the headache, you usually have 2-3 lakes all to yourself.