• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 guys in an otter den

picksbigwagon

okay, is it possible to get two people in an otter den (the smaller one) if I put a deck on the sled and put two seats next to the sides of ice house? I have a voyager and I want a smaller ice house for solo trips and early ice, but I wouldn't mind getting it all set for a two person trip either. just checking what the otter den people think....I am a little bigger than average (some say a lot) but just curious as to making it into a two person ice house, it is only 4" narrower than a clam guide

>>> "just purchased a den and my girlfriend and i fit fine"

>>> "a couple kids fishing 1 hole each"

I'll agree with these! A guy and his girlfriend could fit in a soda can! wink.gif I have the sled w/o the tent, but I'm thinking of getting the tent for the same reason, for lite solo trips. It is what it is if you are an average-sized American adult - a 1 person portable.

Fishing two people in my Eskimo Quikflip II 2-person is about all I can stand, bumping elbows and knees etc. Can't imagine two grown men in an Otter Den!!!

I think cabela's still has some, not sure though. and i'll say it again, 2 bigger guys can fish in it. I'm 6' and 225, my cousin is 6'4" 230, and we fished we each had a hole and in the middle had the camera and vex. Now i'm not saying that we are stick thin, but i can see how a couple of fatties could have trouble wink.gif. So for all those guys that say no, yes you can, because i've done a few times. I'm not saying you have a ton of room, but it can be done, especially if it's windy and a cold day, and that's the only house you have.