• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amsoil ??

minnow_03

A lot of members on this site have recommended Amsoil Sabre for use in augers. I looked on their HSOforum and they said sabre is for 100 to 1 applications. My auger is 24 to 1. I was just wondering if this is ok and what ratio should I mix it.

Is it an old Auger???

That you could run it a little heaiver if you don't feel safe with the 100:1. Run it 70:1 or so. You have got to remember it is a synthetic and needs less oil to run efficiently. You will like the performance you get from Amsoil give it a try.

Like PBC said give it a try at 70:1 or even 50:1... I switched all my gear that took various mixes and tossed the gas cans. I now have one can with 100:1 sabre in it. Everything seems to run better, plus a lot less smoke and a lot less oil leaking out. Theres guys who post that have used it for years.

I recently started using it and am very pleased. I just bought a couple of their smaller packages that you mix with one gallon of gas. I have a new strikemaster auger that says 24:1 as well. But I just went with the 100:1 recomendation from Amsoil and the members on this site. I used it in my chainsaw over the weekend as well...same mixture out of same gas can....that seemed to run better as well too. Overall...thumbs up!

I've been using it for quite some time in my small engines, including the auger, and have noticed better starts, cleaner running, and less smoke. My plugs gum-up 1/2 as fast also, a factor of the lean mix I'm guessing.

The "packets" of Amsoil sabre meant just for 1 gallon of gas are a great way to try it out, though I'm sure you'll have great success with it should you order more.

One of our sponsors is an Amsoil dealer, and I'm including his contact information below:

--------------------

Don Dawson, Your AMSOIL Dealer, Your Lubricant Partner

http://www.the-oilman.com/fishingminnesota

[email protected]

1-800-662-0532 (please no calls after 8:00pm Central)

Joel

Mine is a 2hp strikemaster from last year and I am also pleased with amsoil. The packets are labeled 1.5 oz and if that is correct it would be 85 to 1 on the gas mix to one gallon of gas. I am going to brainerd with a guy that bought his strikemaster the same time I did and he is still using the sludge oil in his. I am curious to see how he feels his performs after I have two holes drilled and he is still working on the first.

I just recently sold my Jiffy.. but before I did I ran 2 tanks of amsoil through it at about 85-1 mixture. Telling you what.. I almost didn't sell it! It was running better than it did all the years I had it.. and to be honest it ran great all those other years.

I now have a NIls Master.. and it has ran on nothing other than AMSoil. I look at the thing and wink at it and it starts.... ok maybe not that good, but I have yet, in any temp to have to pull it a 4th time.m She starts on 2-3rd pull.

Thanks for all the comments. Yes AMSOIL does work, even as lean as 100-1. Some want to know why - Because AMSOIL is just plain better. But technically, it is not made out of 'fossil' or petroleum based lubes. Instead it is an ester based synthetic fortified with an advanced additive package. It burns away clean leaving no carbon or ash behind to foul your cylinder or spark plug. Because it is a much better lube you can use it leaner, and when you use less oil, you get less octane dilution, so you get even more power.

The pillow packs are 1.5 oz to give you a little extra (1.32 oz per gallon would be 100-1, the 1.5 oz is around 85 or 90 to 1).

Even if you use it richer, it still works fine. Even at 50-1 it will still be nearly smokeless in most machines.

You can order direct, just follow my link below. Delivery to your door in 1 business day to most MN addresses.

It's been so long since I've burned anything but Amsoil 2 cycle in my assorted 2 cycle tools/toys,that I no longer know their individual gas/oil ratios.I use it at 100 to 1,with excellent results,in everything from a 1983,25 hp Mariner,to a Weed Eater I got for Fathers Day last year.I can't say enough good things about it.

I just used it for the first time this past weekend in my Strikemaster (10yrs old). I can't remember the last time the auger didn't stay running after I let go of the throttle. It's starting to stay running now though! And only a couple pulls and it's off and running.

I'm very impressed with the difference it has made! I just wish I wasn't so stubborn in trying it these past couple years. tongue.gif

I agree with Matt, new machines can use AMSOIL, but most people prefer to use a double rich mixture, ie, with AMSOIL Saber Professional use it at 50-1.

Along the same line, for example an outboard with oil injection, use AMSOIL Saber Outboard at 100-1 premixed in the gas along with the oil injection system.

The best long term examples I can give you are in string cutters / weed wackers. I have a number of customers using them in commercial lawn maintaince that have been using the AMSOIL pre-mix 2-cycle oil - they have engines over 10 years old and still going strong. They just replace the spark plug once a year and keep on going. In contrast, the same machines in commercial use that are using petroleum based lubes typically last only 2 years (or less) and are thrown away totally worn out. (This is in the south where the use of string cutters is 12 months.)

Long term - AMSOIL Saber Professional works like the Everready Bunny, it just keeps going and going and going and going ........

Also, check out Troutman's post above for his experiences.