• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fined for not registering four wheeler

Be aware! The other day a guy I work with got fined for having his 4 wheeler out on Lake Rathbun without an Off Road Vehicle registration. The registration is what you need to ride your four wheeler or motorcycle in the off road parks. I didn't believe it but I saw the ticket. It's going to cost him $75. He said he was the only one out there with a 4 wheeler that day. I have never seen or heard of anyone getting a fine for having their 4 wheeler out on the ice. The DNR was the one that fined him and the officer told him that you need to have your 4 wheeler registered to be on any state lake. Has anyone else ever heard of this before?

It is right there in the ATV regs, stop at your local Recorders office and you can get a copy there and register your 4 wheeler at the same time. This law is abused real bad as people say that it is for ag use and they don't even farm. There are also officers hired in the ATV/ORV department with the DNR. You should be able to find it on the DNR HSOforum.

Guess some have to learn the hard way.

So let me guess then, you also (if you don't own your own ground or have permission on private property to ride your atv) complain that there is no place to ride them like an ATV park? Guess what, the money from registrations goes towards the purchasing of ground to be developed into ATV parks. So if you complain that there is no public place to ride them and don't pay the fee, you can't complain.

Well,you guessed wrong,I do own my own ground,and I also,have permission to ride on private ground.All I use mine for is snow removal,and hunting.I think atv safety education is a good deal,but when the state robs the funds,set aside for these programs,where does it end?