• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perchaholics

I love to fish perch in the winter.

Even though alot of people are going to be putting away the ice gear for the season........I will not be.

The action is great and ussally the weather is to for some run a gun fishing.

So who else is excited for late season perch??? smile.gif

I am hoping to do a lot of experimenting over the next month and a half for perch. I have very little experience fishing for them but Im pumped to try it out. In the past I have fished mainly for crappies with a walleye trip every now and then. Im trying to learn the ropes. I was on Winni tuesday and caught tons of 5"-9" perch all day long. I wasnt able to find any jumbos though. Moved all over from 13' to 29'. tried deadsticks and several differnt kinds of spoons. Saw tons of little perch and lots of pike on the camera but no jumbos . Hopefully my next trip will be a little more productive...so I guess to answer your question, im hoping to become a "perchaholic" after a little practice!

Hey beretta (KM) hows it going? Hows Voller doing? This is Gramps, just wanted to say hi and see how everything is going up there. If you want to do some perch fishing, I am game and wouldn't mind joining ya if you want to try the Pond or Winnie sometime. I am currently in the process of getting an internship so I might not be able to do weekdays! mad.gif But weekends would work, even though I hate fishing the big lakes like the pond or winnie on the weekends (to many people) Anyways I gotta get back to work, I'll talk to ya later Ky

Matt, I like the way you think!! Late season perching is some of the best fishing of the year hands down. I love it cause those perch are hungery and they are super fat!!! I think it is your best chance ypu fill a bucket or get that elusive 14"+ SUMO!!

Normally I am, but I don't think it will happen this year. My 3.5 year old started ice fishing this year and we'll probably wrap up our ice season with some bluegills and crappies (he's not ready for run and gun perchin' yet) plus I'll be on gone on vacation a couple of weekends.

Maybe next year ......

this might be my favorite time of year as well. About 5 years ago my dad took me north for some end of the year perchin'. Im sure that trip is what got me hooked on this ice fishing thing. It was the best fishing ever, me and a buddy of mine fished out of the same hole for about half hour. Hook up, get out, other drops down, hooks up, just in time for the other to get his fish off and bait back on. It was a BLAST