• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pass the stupid pills.........

MARINERMAGNUM

this is what i get for not having my camera along.

i drove down an alley today and there was a crabapple tree so close to the alley,that the branches almost hit my vehicle. i swear there was at least 75 cedar waxwings in that tree and on the ground. i just sat there with the motor running and they would not budge. i shut off the engine and could stick my arm out the window and be within 1 foot of touching them. got out,walked around the tree, they just ignored me and kept eating. i sat there for 20 mins. just watching them and admiring their beauty. to top it off there were huge pines in the background split by the clear blue sky,and the birds were coated in 3 o'clock frontlight that made them glow.

i spoke to the homowner before leaving,and he gave me the green light to come back this weekend. i hope they are still there,but i have a sinking feeling that i will never again have a chance like i did today.

i missed the photo op,but i guess in a way i'm lucky to have that memory which i will never forget.

still can't help feeling...........STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

Don't beat yourself up over it. You can't have the camera with you 24X7! However on the other side of the coin I would imagine that is why Buzz has the "Chance favors the prepared mind" in his signature block!smile.gif

Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Ya, don't fret it. It happened to me two days ago. I gave up the 100-400L to the boss and upon walking out the office loading dock during perfect light, there was a huge hawk in the the tree closest to the parking lot. Figures. I guess I chaulk that one up to chance. I did have the 30d body with me though. tongue.gif