• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Have the Bears lost their minds???

lawdog

They have one of the hot prospects to be someones next head coach, a real commodity for a defensive coordinator and they just announce they don't want to retain him and they promote one of their assistants... The Bears D has literally carried that team for two full seasons and you just summarily dump the coordinator?

WHAT GIVES???? confused.gif

Maybe. I think the bigger question is, what is wrong with Rivera? He has interviewed for more than a handful of coaching jobs and has been passed over for less proven coordinators and retreads, plus being dumped by his own team. What is he doing wrong? It almost makes you wonder if he has the interview skills to get a job a White Castle.

See,

Fishy has got the ole "thinking cap" on up there. Nice pick up Fish! Word here in the Windy is that Lovie doesn't want to Trash Rivera so he is just saying that the two of them have different "visions" of what the Bears want to do on defense from here forward. Translation, they are dumping him to move in another direction. I think the fact that they let him interview for head jobs and the fact that he didn't land any of them speaks volumes. Lovie is the one that built this horse, Ron just held the reigns and let the stallion run.

Windy

More importantly - when are Da Bears going to sign Smith to a long term deal! He just brought his team to the Superbowl and is the lowest paid coach in the NFL!

Myself I feel coaches are overrated but with that said he still needs to be paid for what his team did! PAY THE MAN!

Windy,

Just because I can't have everyone around here thinking you and I are going to start agreeing on things, grin.gif I am going to have to add to my post.

I think the events around Rivera's job hunting the last couple of years brings up a lot of questions about Mr. Rivera. That said, I would have a hard time arguing with someone who questions why the Bears would risk the change when things could not have been better on the defensive side of the football in his tenure.

PS. Welcome back, but I liked your last avatar better. grin.gif We will have to get the baseball forum fired up again now that pitchers and catchers have reported.

Fishy,

I don't know what is going on up at Halas Hall these days. Word is that Lovie may now test the free agent market. The Bears really screwed the pooch on this one. Angelo could have had him signed sealed and delivered this season but decided to hold out on the renewal. Now it looks like Lovie is the one who is going to hold out and he is holding all the cards. Not sure where the brains are in the Windy these days, I guess they are all over at "The Cell" with my beloved Pale Hose!!! LOL

Windy