• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Mille Lacs Smallie Guide?

Juan Grande

I'm thinking about maybe taking a guided smallie trip to Mille Lacs this summer. Can anyone recommend a good smallie guide up there?

I know the resorts all have guides, but if someone could give me a name I'd appreciate it.

Remember now, I'm looking for the Mille Lacs smallie guru here.

Thanks!

I would try the Griz. He does guide on Mille Lacs and I know he does small mouth on the river so I am sure he does them on the big pond too. He has a web site fishwiththegriz you know the rest, or just put that in google. Good Fishing!!

Mille lacs smallies are some of my favorites. you dont need a guide if you have a boat. Grab a few dozen suckers rig up a red hook with a split shot about a foot above and hit the rocks. every rocks shadow throw her in there. dont need to be fancy, they are usually hungry!! i have caught alot of them on my muskie lures. there are some hogs out there.

i like the west/sw part of the lake outskirts of cove bay,anderson,spirit island, rocky reef area. i like tubes and senkos but i have had better luck by far with the sucker minnows. i dont fish just the outsides of the rocks, i tilt the motor and go into them. alot of the times you can site fish them. by no means am i saying i am an expert or know more than the guides but have had great smallie fishing on mille lacs just going the basic simple route. if i do feel like throwing lures i stick with the rattle baits (rattle-rap,rattle-trap or one of the many rattling stick baits)give her a try before you go the guide route, do some exploring. better feeling of accomplishment anyways.