• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goals

ikeslayer

jimbo80: fishing new water is a great way to increase your on the water knowledge. To many people fall into the rut of hitting the same lake outing-after-outing. New water makes you look at differant lake maps, which then increases your map reading skills at interpreting water. It makes you think of seasonal presentations. I don't know if you have fished tournaments prior to this, but if not, have you ever thought of joining a bass club. Then you get new ideas, new water, new techniques and tournaments all at one time.

Ray, that's just evil... I like that idea. Beat on your home waters, PERFECT grin.gif Ray, as you can read, I have a bad habit of putting the cart before the horse. And you know how much crow we will have to eat if he did catch a fish. smirk.gif

Live, Love, Laugh, and of course set the hook !!!!

1. Spend more time on the water with Dad as he is not getting any younger.

2. Spend time with my wife and daughter putting them on a few fish.

3. More time with close friends chasing Bass and Walleye.

4. Help where I can and each day try to make difference.

5. Work less and fish more. Heck I am not getting any younger for that matter.

6. Fish a senko 90% of the time and not waste time with other non productive baits.

God I can not wait to pound a dock with a senko or a tube. Float the mighty Mississippi or Vermillion for monster smallies !!!!!

haha the signed dollar rocks, i belive mr rada and mr bobby d owe me a signed dollar from a little tourney we had on prior one day. acttually i got sam's dollar..in a picture frame.... STILL WAITING FOR BOBS!!!!!!! so bob if you read this..you owe me punk

my goals for the year is to become more consistant, and experiement more with techniques and bait sizing.

haha, I'll have it in the mail asap! grin.gif haha can't wait for a few more $1 competitions.

Hey Matt, one other thing I've been meaning to tell ya that you might think is pretty cool. Theres an angler fishing the classic in Alabama this weekend and will be fishing the pro tour next year that is originally from Minnesota named Derek Remitz. I heard he cut his teeth bass fishing on none other than Rush lake! how cool is that?!

Nice topic...

My goal this year is to bascially fish more this year than all my years combined. With that being said, I want to get to know and fish new lakes, being mostly in the northeast region, like wbl, cent., peltier, forest, and the like. I'm going to buy lots of bass lures this year...got my first baitcaster...got my first 16ft lund with 20 hp.. and ready to go...maybe a club if I have the time. If anyone goes to the White Bear Lake VFW for poker, I am talking with Dan to maybe set up a fishing club/weekly tourney or something...he said that the VFW would put some money into it... let me know if interested...

anyway... Overall, would like to LEARN as much as I can this year...

thanks

defenitly get out and fish for bass more. i think i only got out bass fishing about 12 times last year but i didnt get my own boat to july and then we had harvest.. but when i did get out i ventured to a couple different lakes so i got my spots already picked out for next year.. and also try to catch one 21 or bigger i can manage a 20 every year but no bigger.. and fish with my dad as much as possible but that will be muskie fishing..

1. catch more fish on a pig and jig.

2. work on shaky head technique

3. not rely on senko so much :-)

4. have more patience with my children and wife on the boat and not get irritable so easy *sheepish grin*

5. work on deep water techniques for catching bass.

Still chasing that green MN 6+ came within 2oz twice last year.

Gotta spend more time chasing brown bass this year and hopefully find my first 5+.

Would like to spend some serious time fishing deeper bass but my musky fishing addiction will most likely ruin that plan grin.gif.