• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goals

ikeslayer

So we started this last year and i thought it was a good post and with the recent warm weather i think it will really get our blood pumping. I am curious to what everyone's goals for this upcoming season will be. i know many of you will have numbers or lengths you would like to catch but mine is a little different. my goal leaks from my bowhunting experience. Sometimes you go out hunting with the intentions to kill and other times to scout while others just to get away and i am going to carry this over to my fishing. Sometimes i will go out to just learn spinnerbaits, other times to fish docks like no other and then some times to catch as many as i can as if i were in a tourney other times to get some other people some fish. Whatever it is i will have a specific goal in mind for each time i go out fishing no matter how tangible or realistic or meanial that is my goal to have a goal each time.

Next.

My first goal every year is to always fish at least one more time then I did the year before. This years goal is to be on the water more in the beginning of the season. I am usually to tied up working to really get on the water a lot till mid July By Mid August I am on the water 3-4 times a week till mid October. I want to keep that schedule but be on the water a few times a week during May and June. Something is going to have to give and I think I am just going to have to say more no to work and more yes to fishing! The last few years I have been having a lot of fun chasing northerns and I am missing that early bite..

My important goal this year is to go fishing with my kids more, last year I was selfish and snuck out without them knowing, alot, Im not gonna do that this year... well not alot anyway grin.gif My other goal is to not use commercially produced lures, except crankbaits, I have no desire to make em and don't wan't to pay the outrageous prices for handmade ones. Other than that I want to fish the 2 tourneys on the upper miss, and beat SH and BLB in the Sartell tourney grin.gif I also would like to fish a couple tournies for green bass but really have no idea which ones confused.gif

This I am going to have to ponder...... I am going to be fishing more tournaments this year.. so catching as many fish as last year is not a good goal.. or catching as big a fish, because I will not be fishing trophy waters as much.

My goal every year is to have a good time fishing and try and turn someone else to the Bass side of fishing. Each of the last few years I have tried to help someone become a better angler. This year I hope to help a few.

I am going to follow RR's lead. I need to get my kids out with me more often this summer.

I would also like to win at least one of the two bigger money tournaments I am fishing this year. That could pay for quite a few things that I am looking for a way to pay for.

well, my little sweatheart turned 3 so i gotta get her her first fish. also would like to get the big kids on some good sized fish. (two years ago one of the twins didn't want to use the pop-r any more. she handed it to me for a change but i had to make one cast. i caught an 8 pounder on that one cast blush.gifgrin.gif) and lastly i need to do more bass fishing and a little less trout fishing. the wild trout river that runs through town is pretty, but i gotta get me a bass in the teens before i leave this darn state. cool.gif

Ray my daughter just turned three, one of the reasons she started going potty on the big pot was so she could go "feeeshing" with dad grin.gif I told her no diapers in my boat, so the first time she went on the pot she looked at me and said "I wanna go feeshing dad", it was about 5- at the time grin.gif. My son also likes his time in the boat but I wonder if its more for the rides or the fish grin.gif He needs to be catching something at all times to keep his interest

Fish for smallies more. Try some other lakes in the south metro. Try some new methods. Crack the 6 lb. largey mark again. Try again for the state record, or at least beat my personal best. Fish, fish hard and fish often.

I have a couple. Took a dollar from Deitz last year grin.gif felt really,really good. Then he took it back mad.gif felt really, really, really bad. Going to take a dollar, maybe a couple from him this year and keep them all grin.gif That would feel better than really, really good. Want to get Ray and Deitz in the boat so Ray and I can both take a dollar from Deitz. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifblush.gif