• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Huskies/Gophers

Wallyeyes

One thing I will say about the Gophers is that Michican Tech "could" be a confidence builder for them going into the playoffs. MN should sweep, get some confidence back and that may propel them. If the tech series does not go well, it would be disaster for them. SCSU on the other hand just needs to keep the train rolling. Playing Nodak instead of a cupcake should keep the intensity up, if they were playing a lesser team, there might be a letdown. As much as I would like to see the McNaughton cup in St.Cloud we all know the Gophers will not get swept by Tech.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people are giving enough of the credit to St. Cloud for last week. Everyone wants to blame it on poor performance by the Gophers. Did they play their best? NO, but you also have to respect that the Huskies have been right there with them most of the year and deserve some credit for how well they played. Just my .02

I have to respectfully disagree with you Pierbridge. I think SCSU has a little more firepower than last years Wisconsin team, they do after all have the 3 of the top 6 scorers in the WCHA and have 3 solid lines. I am not implying that they are a shoe-in for the NCAA title by any means but they have a good chance to at least get an NCAA tourney win for the first time. Right now, SCSU has proven to be a better team than the Gophers. The Gophers have only beat SCSU once in the last 7 tries. The Gophers couldn't have been off every game could they? MN however could be a sleeping giant if they straighten out their act and get rolling like earlier in the season when they looked unbeatable.

Quote:

I don't know if I'd say that.

To me they are similar to last years Wisconsin team an average team with a Great Goalie.

You get respect by actually doing something in the NCAA's.

I think WI was a little bit better than an average team. They had the right combination of players, momentum, and some luck at the right time of the year.

I think SCSU has got a great shot this year. They are prety tough top to bottom, have a bit of experience, and a great goalie. If they can keep up the momentum and get a little luck, they might make some noise. I think they've got a bit more offensive firepower up front, but I'd give the edge on D to last years WI team. They had the right mix and it paid off.

I think there are a lot of sleeper teams out there that could surprise people once the tourney gets rolling. Should be fun to watch, I probably won't be as nervous though since WI doesn't have much of a shot to make it in. It will still be good hockey to watch, I love this time of year.