• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm bummed

BartmanMN

44 degrees out today and I could not convince anyone to take off work with me to fish. I do not have a gas auger and didn't really feel like hand cutting holes.

Now I have to sit at work and read about everyone else's fish. :-(

I'd rather fish out of one pain-stakingly hand drilled hole than sit at work and read about nice weather and NOT fishing.

Its not the ideal situation, but its way better than doing nothing.

*cough cough* I think I've got a fever. I need a dose of weekday fishing.

gander in bemidji (and i would assume all across mn) has gas augers on sale big time...use the money you made at work yesterday to buy your own...end of problem. I feel for ya though...been there done that cool.gif

Quote:

I'd rather fish out of one pain-stakingly hand drilled hole than sit at work and read about nice weather and NOT fishing.

Its not the ideal situation, but its way better than doing nothing.

I agree...If you had made it this far, you only have to hang tight a little longer and the end of the season will bring about sales and more sales on all sorts of ice fishing equipment.

CA

I get all the gear ready about a month ago get on the lake try to fire up the auger in the sub zero weather and nothing. I fiddle around with it some snap there goes the gas line. frustated with no other crazy fisherman on this particular day to borrow an auger from, I am thinking of calling it a day. Nah i just put up the clam and start spinning the gas auger a good 8-10 min later and some sore arms I finally busted through. Moral of the story I probably would have started chipping with the scoop if spinning the dead gas auger didn't work. get out and fish!

Jus something to think about ice kicker ice fishing auger portable drill adapter. im thinking of getting one there much quiter than a gas so as not to spook the fish when hole jumping. You know when you are catching fish and your buddie fires up the gas auger to pop a hole closer to you and then niether one of you are able to catch a thing from that point on. shocked.gif

rcook... wow!

Unless you're a broke college kid, You can get an auger...

Charge it for cryin out loud.

I do realize this may be bad advice, but dang it... that's what I'd do tomorrow if mine broke down today!

"Honey, we're going to cabelas.

Heck, Reedssport has good auger sales on right now and they deliver to your door FREE!!!

Good Luck.