• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Broken Legend Rod....Again

hill7410

This is my second legend this year that has broken. Saturday i was fishing on mille lacs lake and i just got done pulling a nice 8lb walleye up and that was about 9:00 at night. I put the two legends away in my rod holder and in the morning i pull them out and my new legend is missing about 6" of rod. I called St. croix and they said they are not going to be able to send me another rod, instead i get 50 bucks towards st. croix. I found one store with one rod left and i am not sure if i should even bother buying another one. I was not to happy with their customer service. I dont want 50 bucks back, i want my rod back. Any thougths???

I have had bad experiences with St. Croix also. I would go with the Berkley Select Lightning rods. They have the same taper as the St.Croix rods and you don't have to look for strait eyes because every rod I have seen had straight eyes! They cost about $20 and won't dissapoint. Another option is Thorne Bros. I haven't used them but I hear they are the best!

I was at a Scheels one day and picked up one of their rods- the reel fell off right onto the floor. I am very happy with my Ugly Stick and South Bend combos, and wasn't the least impressed with the St Croix, especially for the money they charge for them.

I had a bum experience with my one, only and last St. Croix rod several years ago. It was an UL that broke three times under normal use. I kept sending it in and they kept sending me a new one that kept breaking. After racking up about $50 in shipping costs I said the heck with this. There are plenty of other options for that kind of money. I second Thorne Bros.