• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crow/Nestor/Rainy Fishing Report.

Well here it is just like I promised...My dad and I went up to crow on saturday for a trout/crappie/walleye combo trip. The temps with the wind was flat out cold on saturday, I ended up getting frostbite on my chin when we were on crow and the holes kept freezing up, to the point where you couldn't really fish outside. Graphed tons of trout...I have never graphed that many trout in one area ever. They however were not biting. We managed two hits. My dad missed his clean after about 10 minutes in the water and I had mine follow it up until 8 feet below the ice and smack it. I had it on for about 6 or 7 minutes and it got off. It was wrapped around my transducer so it was a lose/lost situation. White tubes were the best producer. Almost all of the trout wouldn't chase the bait more than 4 feet, definately not a good sign.

At 11:00 we packed up and headed to nestor. The crappies were really moving around alot and were in a negative feeding mood. Downsizing to the smallest crappie tube I had in my box was the ticket and very little motion. We did end up with 18 crappies and 2 walleye it didn't end up too bad, especially since the crappies were all 12"-13".

34' was our best depth at nestor.

Rainy on Sunday was a different story as well. We went for a 15 mile snowmobile ride up into the back country and drilled a bunch of holes...The first spot didn't pan out so we went on about another 1/2 mile and found 30' of water off of a point and a feeder creek and immediately marked suspended fish. We ended up catching about 70 crappies for three guys in five hours...not great fishing, but most of the crappies ran 11.5"-12.5". We only had one that was 14". It didn't matter what we through down there, but a green and black tube seemed to have worked the best.

Can't wait to get up there again in a month and hopefully the weather will be warmer(it already is...figures as soon as I left...) and the trout will be biting better.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing Everyone!!