• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moveable sights?

metrojoe

Consider what class you're going to shoot before picking an adjustable sight. Or, are you considering shooting non-competitive but still want to use an adjustable sight? I think it's an excellent way to shoot, especially w/longer distances. Using multiple pins works nicely but having the same pin/aperature provides confidence and continuity in aiming on each shot.

I enjoy shooting longer distances and w/one adjustable pin/aperature, vs. buying multiple pins, as it makes shooting shorter distances that much easier.

One more thing to consider is if you are going to use it for hunting, it can become tough if your deer are moving and move to distances where making an adjustment is required. Often times you can set it where it shoots a little high at, say, 20yds and a little low at 30yds. If you're comfortable w/that you'll be fine.

Good luck and have fun w/the 3D's.

Thanks for the info. At this point it would only be for fun, but if I'm going to use an aid I figure I might as well take full advantage. My current setup is one pin set for 20 yards. Most of my stands only allow me to shoot out to 25 or 30 yards and in most cases my shots are 20 yards or less. I found multiple pins set at 20, 30, and 40 yards was just to cluttered. 3D shoots are something new to me and for the time being I may just add a 40 yard pin to my current setup. I'm mainly worried about the durability of moveable sights, especially while hunting. Maybe I'll need 2 bows? crazy.gif

If your not worried about winning or anything, go ahead and give it a try. They are kind of fun. I used one for a couple of years. Dial it in and set the pin where you want it to hit... You still have to judge distance correctly! And you still have to exicute the shot.

I use a 3 pin adjustable sight from HHA- I love it! However, DD hit the nail on the head- still gotta know how far away the target is and still gotta make a good shot. Also, you'll have spend a good deal of time getting it set up right. Software from places like Software For Archers will help a great deal, but you'll have to do some serious messing with it to get it perfect.

The one thing you really have to be carefull with is keeping your anchor point consistant. I had a bit of a time wiht it. Because you change your pin locations your eye has a tendancy to center the pin in the peep, which if your sight pin is moving then your anchor is changing... You could be spot on at 30 yards one day, and the next it would be 3" low?

Just something to keep thinking about.. try and do your best to keep the anchor consistant.. and you should be good to go.