• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Take it with you lazy pigs

Black_Bay

Did anyone read the article in the Outdoornews about all the 1 lb propane cylinders people are leaving on the ice? It's on page 8 if anyone is interested. With the ice season winding down I wonder how much litter lazy pigs are going to leave behind. IF YOU BRING IT WITH YOU, YOU CAN TAKE IT HOME TOO!!! mad.gif

I myself have been wondering if I need trailer behind my 6x6, I always have to stop and pickup pop cans, plastic Milk jugs and even minnow buckets and yes I have the 1 lb cylinders also. I don't know what people are thinking. mad.gif

this for one is a subject that gets brought up on this site all the time and like always stated , the ones that do this are unfortunatly not reading this. probabaly because they do not have the abuility to read. i am sorry but when i drive off my favorite landing every day and see garbage that has been left from these lazy buttheads. i get totally eurked. there was a television dropped off the other day by someone. and the only reason i did not pick it up is the cost in getting rid of it. the dnr does not have the extra funds to put dumpsters at the landings. and even if they did there would be more non fishing people useing them. than anything else. i also stop to pick up things that have been tossed out of vehicles onto the ice. and at the landings. i also participate in an ice cleanup day before ice out if there is one. but the thing is we should not have to do this. i was always taught. take only pictures and leave only foot prints. and i practice what i preach. you cant imagine how my blood boils when i see litter on the ice, landings. or along side the road. infact the other day i caught some nomind tossing garbage in my dumpster at work. after giving him a royal hindside chewing out, i did inform him that if i caught him doing this again i would detain him and call the police. it is a pretty sick thing that you can not provide your own means to dispose of the waste you incurr. but like i said the poor buttheads that are doing this are not reading this. because i know that the members of this site would never stoop to something as low as littering or tresspassing on a private dumpster. but lurkers beware. if i catch you, i have a camera and a cell phone. you WILL get busted. and i will take time off of work to see you prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. ... paul

Well put... As a Biology teacher, I couldn't agree more. Our environment is too often taken advantage of. It is sad that people that partake in the sport of fishing are so ignorant that they do not see the big picture.

I agree that the people that post here, for the most part, are not the lake trashers. Last winter, at the Cats On Ice event, I was helping to tear down and so was one of the last ones to leave. There was over a hundred people there and aside from ice holes and tire tracks, you couldn't tell that people had been there. At one point, a guy dropped a cigarette butt(filthy habit) and I almost bumped heads as two of us right behind him both bent down at the same time to pick it up. I have a special compartment under the seat of my flipover for trash. Most trips, its just not big enough. frown.gif

be careful what you pick up though....me and a few buddies found an empty 12 pack beer box and threw it in the back of my car...brought it home and began to throw it in the trash...went to stuff other garbarge in the box and notice a big pile of poo in it mad.gif. that just ticked me off and also shocked me on how disgusting some people are. i wish i saw the guy do it...he wouldnt do agian.

when people leave thier trash out on the ice my blood boils have some class.I am a custodian i spend hours a week picking up after people and when i get home i pick up after my kids. THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS PICK UP AFTER LITTERING PIGS ON MY TIME.I fish to relax and de-stress not to be some ones mother !!!!