• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I just wish I could get away to do a little fishing myself. I have had both boats on the water once each this spring just to make sure they are ready to go. Shore fished for about an hour one day. Other than that I haven't had a chance and don't expect to until about the first part of June. Good luck to ya.

Cold one, interesting that you make a comment about Mobridge. That fishery is back. Real nice fish again as long as the smelt stick around. I wish it were closer. If people wanted a sleeper lake this weekend I would give Pickerel a try. It isn't the secret lake but it can be good early for eyes. Pitch jigs and jig jigs in the shallows. Depending on the winds with Waubay, give Big rock point on the south side a try. If you go SE out of Kangango boat ramp it is the point on the east side of the big south bay that extends into the lower lake. Winds has to be blowing into it.

Good luck everyone. Give a report when you get back.

Sometimes these comments pop up during the heat of fishing. lol That was during the days when the camp grounds were full and the launches were pretty much a circus. My son and I fished the point that you are referring to on Waubay a few years ago and must have caught and released about 300 eyes in the first two days. My hands were so raw from handling eyes that we went to Pickerel the third day and fished for crappies to give our hands time to heal. There was a boat anchored about 100' off of the kanago launch and they were catching small eyes one right after another. lol The eyes had to be 16" to keep them and you had to release a bunch of smaller ones to get a few for supper. I think it was the next year when they lowered the slot to 14". The bad part was that there were quite a few small eyes floating belly up and that was another reason to go to Pickerel. My wife, son, grandson and I are hoping to get to Mobridge for a week or so the weekend after Memorial Day. I hope the fish are still going as I would like to see my 4 1/2 year old grandson get a few. He loves to camp and go out in the boat.

Woo-hoo!! al this talk about Mobridge gets me excited!! Im headed out that way tuesday night thru sunday. I heard the smelt are runing and the bite may be tough, but oh well, hopefully we can catch a few!!

Now they are saying that we got 9" in Aberdeen. I didn't have to go any where to fish because I had a lake in my back yard. We came out ok, but some of the neighbors got water in their basements. My son and his girlfriend are living in my camper in my driveway at this time due to their apartment building being flooded. I also would like to hear what it was like around Webster during this time.

we only got 4-5 inches spaced out. Many had water in basements but not like people in Abdn. the house i grew up in in abdn had the basement half full i'm told. water is running into some lakes here and making some unreal fishing. Had one of my best evers last night.