• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I NEED HELP!!!

Crappie_ Kid

Alright, after looking at some of the pictures on here of all the monstrous crappies I started to wonder,why do these guys catch so many of them? I went out today with the warm weather popped 25 holes(hand auger)waited 10 minutes and started to fish,I have all the gear you need,vexilar,st.croix legend,and euros. All I can catch are the little sunnies and a crappie here and there. I used a little atom optic stealth white pink with a glo nuggie still no biggens,used same hook with euro's still no biggens!!!! SOME ONE HELP!! TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Get out of Dodge! or Elysian!

To catch big fish you have to be on a lake with the potential for big fish. The only way you can do this is look at the DNR's lake finder and check out catches and size ranges for crappies on certain lakes, or find them on a trial and error basis. There is some helpful talk about big crappie lakes in the crappie/sunfish forum.

more information is needed here... your lake you were on may or may not have any big crappies on it.. And you need a gas auger. This weekend searching for fish I went through a tank and a half of auger gas... If I had to guess I drilled close to 150 + holes? maybe more, I for sure didn't count.

Crappie Kid- A gas auger is going to be very helpful, but don't let that from stopping you....it's just going to limit the hole hopping you do.

Do some homework on the MN DNR HSOforum and read the lake fish specs information. Those are normally a good indicator as to size and numbers in the lakes.

Once you have determined the lake, then you'll need to know where to fish. Again look at a lake map, found on MN DNR HSOforum and try to target those fishy looking areas. When you stop in for bait at your local bait shop, don't be afraid to ask for tips. Those guys get 1st,2nd,3rd hand information on most bites. I know it's not the best info., but it is better then going on nothing smile.gif

Sounds like you have all the gear, other than the gas auger. Read up on some tips from the site, especially read Matt Johnson's and Corey Bechtold's reports in the Panfish forum. Those guys definately know there panfish stuff grin.gif