• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best interior paint

tonyjor

Hey everyone! I'm repainting my lR and kitchen in the next few days here. When I first moved in I hung drywall. It was my first time doing it and there's some small blemishes. What's the best paint to use that can hide most of these. They're not too bad, just a couple spots where I can faintly see the tape showing through my old paint. I bought a bucket of mud and I leveled most of them off. I still need a good brand of paint though because I'm no "Dennis Steele". lol BTW Dennis, I'll be seeing you at Cool Cats in a couple weeks!

Being a painter myself and using just about every brand out there. I would personally use Hirschfields paints. By far much better coverage for the imperfections that you mentioned. I would stay away from the satins and gloss finish though. Stick to your flats for walls and such. If you wanted to save money theres a ton of other manufactures out there that all supply the market with decent paints at a fair price. I really am a firm believer in getting what you pay for in paints just like most everything else! Good luck with ur project!

I just remodeled a bedroom that had panneling installed in it. Just as you I thought I had all the drywall perfect only to see my imperfections after painting it. What I found worked the best was a flat paint (tried a semigloss and that was bad). Flat paint and playing with the lighting in the room. If you do not let light reflect sideways down the walls the imperfections virtually dissappear. Hanging my curtians tighter to the wall so light can't sneak out the sides and back and reflect along the wall really helped. I also replaced the light fixture with one that diffuses the light much more than the previous one. All in all it looks really good now. Good luck. I've had decent luck with Behr paint from Home depo but I'm no painter so I really couldn't tell you the difference between good and bad paint.

The original paint in my LR was oil-based semi-gloss so I saw EVERYTHING. I went with Dutch Boy washable in flat for the kitchen and LR. I didn't do the kitchen yet but the living room looks great! Thanks guys! While I was buying my paint I noticed little packets of "paint potpourri" that you add into the paint. It says they last 4-6 months. I figured I'd try them. Now I come home to the smell of Tropical somethingrather and paint, though the paint smell is very faint. We'll see how long the smell lasts. I feel like it's something out of Willy Wonka...anyways, thanks again!