• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best material and technique for patching a FISH TRAP

CALVINIST

My brand new fish trap that I just got this year got seared with my coleman lantern last night, leaving an elliptical, 1.5"x3" hole in it frown.gif Oh well, things happen. I need to get this patched up, but want to do a really good job at mending it. All fabric recommendations and tips welcome. Thanks in advance!!!

Call Clam Corp and ask for a piece of patch material to fix a burned hole in your trap. They will send out a approximately 12"x12" piece of the same material the original is made of. Then go to the hardware store and get a can of 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. Cut the patch slightly larger than the hole in the trap and spray the back side of the patch with adhesive. stick it on and hold it a for little bit until it starts to set up. let it dry for a day or so and you should be good to go. When I "seared" my trap pro I patched both inside and outside, but I'm not sure that is needed. 3 years later and it is still holding strong and isn't that noticable.

Quote:

Call Clam Corp and ask for a piece of patch material to fix a burned hole in your trap. They will send out a approximately 12"x12" piece of the same material the original is made of. Then go to the hardware store and get a can of 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. Cut the patch slightly larger than the hole in the trap and spray the back side of the patch with adhesive. stick it on and hold it a for little bit until it starts to set up. let it dry for a day or so and you should be good to go.

Fantastic! Thanks!