• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Busch brothers!!!

PERCHJR

Is it me, or am I seeing things that the Busch brothers are by far the most out of control guys on the track at any given time??? I know this post will bring up plenty of disagreement's but I would appreciate your honest opinion's!!! grin.gif I know that Jr, Stewart, and all the other guys I cheer for have drove a little over there head at one time or another, but this race was by far the worst I have seen in a long time!!!

Perchjr

Kyle Busch to me is a out of control racer. Kurt I believe is getting better and I dont know if that crash was all Kurts fault as it looked like Tony's back end got loose.

Darn plate races wreck cars and is almost all luck anyways. One needs to be lucky enough not to get caught up in one of the big ones.

I think Kurt isn't nearly as bad as his brother. Kurt can at least show some patience. Kyle on the other hand is WAY out of control on these plate races! I mean, holy smokes! Blocking cars behind you half way through the race when you're running in 5th????? That's insane! If was leading, yeah, okay. But not when you're 5th in a line of 7 cars!

Then he's weaving up and down at guys trying to make them back off or hesitate from passing. Darn near caused a few big wrecks doing that.

The boy has a lot to learn IMO.

Quote:

I hope your not blaming Busch for Stewarts crash.

AMEN TO THAT!

Kyle can certainly be out of control more often than not, but he is fast too. I don't like the kid any, but you can't deny he's fast. Tony stewart looks wicked out of control sometimes storming through the field too. Kurt I just have never liked, and he is still the only FAKE champion NASCAR has had, but I do respect his ability to drive and I think he's one of the most underrated plate racers. That guy always gets near the front.

That's Nextel Cup champion Kurt Busch.

I will say that Kurt is much better now and in a few years Kyle will be too. Anybody remember how Jr., Stewart and Gordon used to race the first few years of their careers? Pretty fast and loose, bouncing off of everything.

According to in car audio of the #8, even Jr noticed Tony was loose leading up to the wreck. And Kurt did admit to taking Tony out. My take is this: Tony bobbled a lil, let up on the gas to straighten out, Kurt got into Tony-end of story for both drivers at Daytona.

Kyle was all over during the race. It was bound to happen sometime! Overanxious, and inexperience is what I chalk it up to be. smirk.gif

The way I seen it was as stated above, Stewart got a little loose and lifted and Kurt had nowhere to go, there was a car running a little above him in the corner and a car behind him so he was screwed no matter what.

Kyle is another story completely. He was way out of control in that race and Nascar should have given him a warning to watch it like they did some last year with Stewart. Some of the moves he was pulling just cutting back and forth infront of other cars was unbelievable. I thought he was going to cause a wreck but I was thinking he would have done it before the last lap. What a shame all those guys put so much time and money into their cars and they get taken out by a driver with too much HP under the hood and very little driving ability shown.

Kyle B. definitely made some stupid moves at times in that race, but I don't think the last lap deal was anymore his fault than anyone else's. Kenseth and him got together, last lap middle of that pack, its just going to happen. In all reality it was only one caution after Kenseth dumped his teamate McMurray and started a wreck just about as big. Matt was the common denominator there, maybe he was as out of control as anyone. I don't know, really I think that was just a plate track deal on the last lap. Not really either of their faults from what I saw... Most of Kyle B's stupid moves that I saw happened real early in the race.

As an aside, I'm a fan of green/white/checker finishes, but I don't think we should have them on plate tracks. At these two places, they are a real recipe for disaster, just like we saw last night.

I think both of them drive the same way. They don't know when to let up. Everyone is going out of the way to say that it wasn't Kurt's fault. The opinion that matters is Kurt's he saw Tony getting loose and he didn't let up, than he got into him and they are both done. I don't think he wrecked him on purpose but he could have backed off and probably would have won the race.

If Kurt would have backed off, he would have been piled up by the cars behind him. On a plate track if you slow at all with traffic near, there is going to be a problem. Tony's car wiggled and got a little loose and Kurt couldn't go high or slow slow up. At least thats what I saw in the replay.

I thought they had a little wiggle room. If someone was right behind them than you are right, but I thought they had a little space. I just think the way he instantly started saying it was his fault that he thought he had time to avoid it and didn't. Maybe he was just trying to make nice in public.

I don't think it was some glaring mistake and he should be penalized and all that I think it was judgement. Maybe when Tony started getting loose he should have drifted up and got out of the way.

I suppose when we all have our microscopes out it isn't easy... wink.gif

I think Kurt has grown up a BUNCH in the past couple of years. Can we thank Jimmy Spencer for this one? :-)

Kyle on the other hand still has a TON to learn out there. Way, way WAY too aggressive throughout the race. I agree with the blocking issue (Why in the beginning and middle of the race...he should know that going from the back to the front is quite possible so why risk everyone out there?)

It looked to me that Stewart got the front left tire down on the apron, and lost it from there...no fault on Kurt at all...at 180mph he had nowhere to go. Kyle did the same thing on the last lap...

Hopefully Kyle will learn someday that being patient will in the long run pay off. No doubt the kid can drive a car...now if he can get the mental aspect and the immaturity issues dealt with, he'd be tough to beat.

Steve

If kurt didn't take blame ya'll would be all over him for not accepting responsibility.

It looked to me like kyle got loose because he got down on the apron(sp?) below the yellow line. I have it on DVR and plan to rewatch it. It looked like he may have been forced down there by the "common Denominator" #17. Nice move Matt, taking out your teammate earlier, by the way.

That being said, he (#5) was out of control frequently during the race, and he was my prerace pick to cause the BIG ONE.