• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Music while ice fishing...

The Yeti

Ill listen to just about anything. I dont want to listen to anyone elses music on the ice though. I keep mine down so only I can hear it.

If you want peace and quiet dont go fishin with Cheffrey and his Satelite music clam. grin.gif

Quote:

I sing in the house and it keeps all the other houses a good distance away

Tom- I sure hope you don't start singing at the Cool Cat gathering coming up, I may have to crank up some good old Megadeath , Metallica, Rush ect.. grin.gif

Otherwise I have the country stuff on so the girls don't wine when they come along for the day.

pappa grump i will save you a spot next to my set up for cool cats. i will be there b4 sunrise. but your tunes are tunes of my choice as well. look forward to seeing you and harveylee there. it will be a great get together. ... paul

I like rock and roll and my buddy likes that whiny Country music(understand, I do like much of the country music, just not the....."my dog got hit in the road and my daughter ran away with the biil collector" stuff). Whenever I get sick of his whiny music, I start to sing along....Poof!!! the radio dial turns to rock and roll and we can carry on.. grin.gif

."my dog got hit in the road and my daughter ran away with the bill collector"

I have a fishing partner that has his radio tuned to that type of music, I do well until he gets that late night show that seems to play what you are talking about, my favorite being

"I can't go today, 'cause my outhouse burned down last night" laugh.gif

Country music? Satellite radio stand up is more like it!

Myself, I won't lie, I do like some country....in the form of Ms. S Twane struttin her stuff! Oh yeah! grin.gif

I like rock n roll, soul music from the 50's to the 80's, Etta James, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Lionel Richie, artists like that.

I like Americana, some country, oldies but goodies, blues, folk, show tunes, some Cajun, a little Dean Martin, Tony Bennet, etc.

There is great music from the different islands, steel drums to the south seas!

Some of the rythmatic cadence types of tribal music from Africa is good to, as is the throbbing of native American dance drums, accompamied by the chanting, like at the pow-wows.

Music from different parts of the world is also inchanting, music of Italy, the mandolins etc.

Irish folk tunes, it's hard to beat "Danny Boy" sung by a good Irish tenor.

There was a French singer by the name of Edith Piaf that sang in the 1940's, homely little thing...for a time she was the girlfriend to the middleweight champion of the world, Marcel Cerdan, I can't understand a word she says, but I can feel something when I listen to some of her music?

There is all kinds of good music, you can't hear it all, all the time, but when you do, you know what is pleasing to the ear and whatever other areas it touches.

You can find something pleasing in a simple rendition of "Taps" done by a good bugler and some of that sax music just about makes your hair stand on end!

Saddening, inspirational, patriotic, happy, romantic, I don't like metal music per sey, but that stuff they play when the fighters enter the ring in competitions like the UFC, that will get your blood pumpin and senses piqued, no doubt, ya just have to let yourself go there!

Alas, for now, I guess I'll just be content to go up and flip on Cities 97, maybe get in on some acoustic cafe?

As far as in the fish house? It's usually listening to the solo artist, whomever that might be sitting over the other holes, doing numbers like, "Winter Whine" or "The Fartsing Sonata " or "No Fish Blues".

i like a little bit of everything. my buddy always seems to turn on the new pop song and sing along. heres a question though, does music really scare away the fish? last trip on mille lacs, the soothing serenading of sebastian bach and skid row brought the perch right in