• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No more plate races

harvey lee

I loved when DEI or RCR with Dale were winning but it doesnt changed the fact that these plate races are a crash fest. If you are out front in these races its great, but after that , not so good for anyone.

I would have loved to see Mark Martin win also, but how about all the other cars who crashed?

NASCAR could just as well run the Daytona 30, then they wouldnt have to drive for hours to crash out. They could just have the last bit and see who survives the mess.

Whatever PJ, hey you still rooting for mikey like you used to?

I also remember fans like you falling in love with the 20 just because he's one of the only guys that would push your guy to the front at the plate tracks!!!

8, 15, 20 !!! go PERCHJR

Quote:

Quote:

Where I lost most of the respect I had for him was when he said after the first retirement year after 'Dega "I'm glad I'll never have to do that again, that isn't racing", and what is the first track he goes to after he "retires"? A plate race.

The man is a great racer but for me he has no credibility left.

You have to be kidding me....sorry but thats crazy IMO.

No I'm not kidding, and like I said in my original post "for me".

The problem with taking the plates off would be the excess speed, which would increase the impact of the cars on the wall or with each other.

I don't think the COT is going to fix this either. Granted, the cars are a little taller, but it is still designed to be as aerodynamic as can be (save the splitter) so they don't blow a big hole in the air for slingshot. Benny Parsons said a few years ago they need to stand the windshield upright more, make the front end a bit more "boxy" to make the hole bigger.

I'd be all for reducing engine power for these races and create a car that makes a bigger hole. That is what makes the truck races a bit more fun to watch...even with the restrictors (I think they are running them now..but am not 100% sure on that) they still make enough of a hole that the slingshot can still happen.

If they can get the cars to run 180 without the plate, we'd be all set.

Steve

Since this is supposedly "Stock car Racing"... what would be considered the "STOCK" engine in the cars on the road? 6 cylinder or 8 cylinder? If I am not mistaken, the 8 cylinder engine is an upgrade option..

I wonder what would happen if...they went to a 6 cylinder engine with the same bore and stroke as the the stock engine? (Granted a HUGE money issue...but let's just hypothetically do it...)

Steve

It was a good race, and I enjoyed it.

Crashing is part of racing, always have been.

Take out the danger, and you got a dog and pony show.

I also applaud NASCAR for NOT throwing the caution with 300 yards to go.

Harvick had a better car, better strategy, and perhaps a better driver. He (#29) deserved to win.

PJ...

I see where you are coming from, but I think TNFL was just trying to Razz Harv a bit and that was it. Harv took it in stride and directed it back to the topic. I think you might have read into it more than what it was intended to be... Nothing major...we all do it from time to time and no doubt it is frustrating (especially when it is directed at one person/driver/team).

I'll send TNFL to his room with no supper tongue.gif

Steve

can i have a snack later?

I feel my original comments were very pertinent to the topic at hand. Many people change their minds about a track based on how their favorite driver does there.