• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My wife takes 3rd place in first Tournament!!!!!

mjhowe

Our local sporting goods store puts on a free "family" fishing derby every year and this year I had agreed to help out with administration and prize give aways etc. The trophy "Boy" as it were... So I guided my wife and a buddies 11 year old all day. I fished but didnt feel right about actually weighing anything (I would have lost anyway!)

But after finding a decent spot and drilling a BUNCH of holes, we got into some fish...My wife always says "I never catch anything" but she had a great day. I got her set up with the FL-18 and she pounded the perch for about 3 hours, while Levi, the kid, had his Dads Vex. He was the picture of determination all day, and while he didnt catch many, he caught a few nice fish!

When it was all over, both my "clients" each took 3rd place in their divisions.

My wife won a Buzz stick combo, a tackle box filled with stuff and a nice trophy. Best of all she got (had) to kiss the trophy boy! I am so proud of her and she just had a blast! 'Course, I think I have to buy her her own Vex or I will never get to use mine again! I think she is getting hooked on ice fishing and this didnt hurt.

It is always so darn satisfying to watch someone you love do well at something you yourself love to do...One of the best days I have ever spent on the ice...

Take someone you love fishing...and make sure you do whatever you have to do to help em catch fish...and see what I mean! grin.gif

Good for her!!! and Congratulations to the young man as well.

What a fun day they/you all must have had on the ice. Did the weather cooperate so it was enjoyable??

Again congrats to your wife and the boy.

I ice fish every weekend. Vickie

The weather was a BIG factor...about 35 degrees and mostly sunny all day...no wind.

AND I forgot to mention, after we got home I had to take my Dads dog to the vet...suspected broken leg but only a torn ligament, and when I got home, she had filleted ALL the fish by herself! I usually do the dirty work and she will trim em out, but she had done the whole bucket!!!

Now THATS what I call progress!! wink.gif

Ha Ha!! I knew that was coming!!! She does Frank, but she dont even come close. It would take me years to explain why I'm one lucky lucky guy! That she likes to fish, and loves to let ME fish doesnt even scratch the surface!

I dont treat her anywhere NEAR as good as I should, but I must be doing something right from time to time, cause she has stuck with me for 25 years come this October...and she is even considering a fly in trip to a lodge in Canada for our anniversary vacation!!! (Thank you Midwest outdoors magazine T.V.!!!) grin.gif