• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger Video

minnow_03

Wow, that nils was fast, and needed no down pressure. I was wondering though about the auger sizes. The nils looked like a smaller size hole than the strikemaster when they were standing there. Just going from an 8 inch to a 9 inch makes a big difference. Cutting the same amount of ice, the 8 should be able to drill five holes to the 9's four holes. I was just wondering what the sizes were.

[since they were both eight inch augers, the race was fair, I just wasn't sure from the video]

The srikemaster looked way bigger to me. It also looked like guy on the right was trying to hard. Why not just let the auger do the work. My srike master mag cuts plenty fast and is very easy to haul around. So what if I can only cut 8 holes to the 10 of the nils.

Lighter than the Nils because its plastic ( composit) and shorter. wink.gif I have yet to need a extention for my Nils.

It dont matter what ya use. If it works for you so be it. If you only cut a few holes a 10" 3 horse Jiffy is just as good for you as my Nils is for me.

Ya Harvey thats what I had before my Nils. What a difference. The Jiffy was a good auger and those coated chipper blades lasted a long time but after a few holes I was shot for the day. Not to mention it sucked to have to pull it out by hand in my Otter. It was, well lets just say it was HEAVY.

With my Nils I can cut all day and still have energy to fight a few fish. Im spoiled now and wont go back.

I want one of those Nils, but I would like to enter a race with my Strikemaster Lazer. But I am a competitive type of guy. I too, don't ever put any pressure on mine, just enough to keep it in my hands. I see guys all the time "laying" on it, wondering if they wouldn't be better off replacing blades. You could shave your face with mine.

I dont know about you guys but I sure am getting sick of that video popping up everytime I open the minn fishing page. I saw it once, that was cool and Im still sticking with my strikemaster and Ill spend the 200 extra on something else!