• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Xtrap?

DRH1175

X-Trap definately has better poles in it.. And has stated, they do add weight... The poles glide a lot easier during put up and take down as well...

From my standpoint, they are pretty indestructable as well.... I have rolled my sled over on 2 occasions now blush.gif, due to hitting pack ice out here on Lake Superior at about 30MPH.. Shack is still like new.. These things are like tanks...

I just bought a new X2 on Friday. Used it on (Contact Us Please) on Sat and Sun. Very well built. The poles have some inserts in them, so the poles dont have to touch each other to slide. Plus as stated, they are thicker. The tent is also thicker, and the grey roof lets in alot of light so windows can stay shut if you prefer. The sled is actually made to be pulled with a machine, unlike the tub on the other F/T models. The runner kit sold for this house covers all the ribs(6) on the bottom. All and All, I am very impressed with the X2 house, and would recomend it to anyone thinking of getting one. Good luck finding one, because it will be very hard.

Dont fold up the tent in below freezeing temps! You will not like the results! Put up yours, and go inside and look at the black fabric. You will be able to see every fold that has accured to the fabric. You will have light shinning through the fabric at every place that there was a fold and it looks like sh##. I took back my X4 for that very reason. I didnt even use the house and it klooked like it were years old, and wore out! Sure there poles are good but there tent fabric has got a long way to go befor it matches the quallity of other brands. If they were too fix that they would have a great house. I did like the seats in the X4 thou. For now I will stick to my Otter till they fix there fabric!

There is nothing wrong with the tarps. I'm sick of seeing people posting that the tarps are thin and going to wear through. What you need to realize is that Clam did not put that black coating on at all until either this season or last. The canvas is the same as it always was they just coat it with that black stuff to keep extra light out and make it darker inside. The previous tarps were the same canvas and no the canvas is not getting thin on the new ones. It's the coating that is letting in some light (which the whole tarp used to do) People keep saying that the tarp is wearing thin. It's just the crud on the inside showing wear. There is nothing wrong with the tarp/canvas whatever you want to call it. If they didn't put that black coating on you wouldn't be complaining because there is nothing happening to the tarp itself. confused.gif

maybe I never payed attention. I haven't put mine together yet, but when looking at it at the store I don't remember seeing any black. Am I missing something here. I remember blue and silver/gray.

Also I haven't seen the hy-fax runners anywhere. where can I find them?

The two of you are correct, the X series does have a different canvas than the regular traps. I was more directing my comments to HoleHopper and others who have been talking about the blacked interior of the regular traps as these so called "thin" spots. I guess we went a little off course for the topic.

Gus, Re read my post! Where in my post did I say that the fabric was thin?? confused.gif What you need to realize is that I bought a 2007 X4 (WITH THE BLACK INNER COATING).

Pull yourself together! Or get sick! I dont care, but but just pay attention.

What I did say is that It looked like S###! (In a very short time) Mine went back, and for good reason! For those of you that have the black inner coating you will see exactly what I meen, without haveing to look very hard at all. I would have hated to see what it had looked like had I accually used the house in ice fishing conditions. blush.gif

What I am sick of, is when you tell the truth, or even just your opinion, peaple on hear cant handle it! Get a grip!

What I've noticed is that every portable does that over time. Doesnt matter how cold it is when you fold it up, if you use it enough it will wear. I havent seen one yet that hasnt worn like that. Frabil, Otter, Clam they all do it.

Sure you could generalize it and say they all do it, but, in my opinion, untill you accually look at one, you would very plainly see, what I an talking about. The clam looked worse that my Otter does with over 5 years of hard use! minus the dirt, salt, mud, and fish slim, of course. grin.gif