• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice shelters

dirtydingus

Just make sure it is what works for you ive' bought a couple tent ones they looked good but suck's in the wind. im 6'2 so hight is important and i ussually don't fish along so keep in mind space for a friend. My next fish house will be four man lodge just for the room. laugh.gif

If you are going to fish more than one often I would recomend the Voyager instead. I have the house and love it. For 2 people I think it is minimal in size. 3 would work but very tight. If 3 are in your cards go Voyager. Or look at one of the big otters. No such thing as too big of a house! Weight and size isn't an issue. My voyager fits perfect in the back of my Durrango.

I have fished in my son's 2 man portable and it is suppose to be big enough for 2. I would recommend that you set up the one you would like to buy, and put all the locators, heaters, lights , pales and anything you use to fish with, and then see if you have enough room to get up and move around, and get out the door without tipping it all over. Also, that it is high enoungh and the heater doesn't hit the tent wall and melt it down. CAJ

DD, I have a Yukon and I love it. Works great when fishing alone, and OK when my son and I go out. We are not ones to drag a ton of stuff along with us though. I think that the Youkon would be just a tad small for three people though. Plus you would have to take up valuable ice space with a chair of some sort for the 3rd person. Just my thoughts. I will say though that the Youkon is all that I would want to pull when there is 5 inches of snow on the ice and it is not thick enuff to drive on! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

I've had a Yukon for two years and just love it for one or two people and all our gear but not a three person rig.Get a cover and some runners..they realy help.

2 HP Jiffy 8",big buddy heater,20 propane,large ice scoop,2 tackle boxes,6 rods and reels,two buckets one for bait and one for fish,propane lantern ,large lunch bag with thermos,Aqua-vu,FL18 depth finder,and 12V power station all fit with proper loading and are easy to pull. Three holes and all equipment fit when set up properly...takes a little experience.Again I just love my Yukon!!

Tink

i was looking at 2-man shelters and was deciding between the yukon and the guide. i dont have a machine to pull it out for me, so weight was an issue. when the ice is thick enough its not a problem cause it fits in my truck. but i ended up going with the guide because the xtra 30 lbs from the yukon were going to be a bit too much for a guy to pull out by himself. i cant stand up in the guide, its only about 5'-8" at the peak, but thats not a big deal for me. the guide fishes two no problem...gets a bit tight with a lot of gear though. i would say if you arent planning to pull it by hand, go bigger with the yukon or the voyager...or stated earlier, on of the bigger otters

good luck!